ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from a UK visitor visa to a Tier 4 visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

opinionmachine
Newly Registered

Switching from a UK visitor visa to a Tier 4 visa

Post by opinionmachine » Sat May 24, 2014 9:41 am

I'm currently living in the UK, as an Canadian citizen and I have a UK mobility visa. My wife, who is an American, will be receiving her Tier 4 student visa in the next few weeks. Her classes don't start until the 22nd of September, but she can legally enter the UK up to a month in advance, since her classes will run more than six months. When she receives her Tier 4 visa, can she visit me with a regular visitor visa (the regular stamp at the airport, by immigration), so we could tour around the UK before her classes start? Then, could she just fly out of the UK, to France for example, them come back to the UK, on her Tier 4 visa?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

searoze

Re: Switching from a UK visitor visa to a Tier 4 visa

Post by searoze » Sat May 24, 2014 7:36 pm

opinionmachine wrote:I'm currently living in the UK, as an Canadian citizen and I have a UK mobility visa. My wife, who is an American, will be receiving her Tier 4 student visa in the next few weeks. Her classes don't start until the 22nd of September, but she can legally enter the UK up to a month in advance, since her classes will run more than six months. When she receives her Tier 4 visa, can she visit me with a regular visitor visa (the regular stamp at the airport, by immigration), so we could tour around the UK before her classes start? Then, could she just fly out of the UK, to France for example, them come back to the UK, on her Tier 4 visa?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated!
I dont think there will be any trouble. You can explain to immigration Officer that this time shes entering as visitor and we intend to leave the country as visitor and re-enter as Tier 4 Student on or after 22nd of August. (one month prior to course start date)
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
Please correct me if am wrong