ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Needed Please !

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Atan
Newly Registered

Help Needed Please !

Post by Atan » Sat May 24, 2014 2:28 pm

My dad is nearly 80 and has End Stage Kidney failure ( CKD - 5 ) and will probably require dialysis within weeks. In addition he has diabetes and given his health he is not expected to live long. He has one surviving brother ( 84 ) in Pakistan.

It is my dad's wish to see him before it is too late. Yesterday he broken down after he had a dream of his younger days in the 1940s growing up with his brother. I want to make his wish come true. The problem is his brother is also very infirm and is taken care of by his married daughter ( about 30 ) in Pakistan.

As it is we are just about managing to look after my dad in UK because of his CKD. I want to sponser my dads brother ( uncle ) and his daughter to come to UK for six months. Both brothers can spend quality time togather and the extra care burden imposed by his brother can be taken care of by his daughter who in addition will get to see her sick uncle.

I work and earn about £27k gross and my dad has a very expensive ( by Yorkshire standards ) large house. About 7 bedrooms -most spare and worth about £500k.

Can somebody give me simplfied flow chart and approx time to get this done as my dad's health is very poor.

Thank you in advance.

Atan.

batleykhan

Re: Help Needed Please !

Post by batleykhan » Sun May 25, 2014 6:18 pm

Apply for a family visit visa.Pay an extra amount for Priority service ( will get to know outcome of application within 7 days).Send your wage slips and bank statements along with a sponsoring letter explaining why you want your uncle to come to UK.Send a letter/note from your dads GP about his health condition.Explain that you only want a two months visa to enable your dad and his brother to meet.Confirm that you would meet all costs of visit.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun May 25, 2014 6:46 pm

I would also submit strong reasons for your uncle and niece to return home after their visit. i.e ownership of property etc,
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Atan
Newly Registered

Post by Atan » Mon May 26, 2014 2:14 pm

^^ Thank you to BatleyKhan and Casa for your replies. I have printed copies of:-

1. Form VAF1B - To fill on behalf of my dad's brother. I will state the reason for the visit is to see he sick brother.

2. Form VAF1A - Fill this on behalf of my dad's niece. I will state that her reason are as follows-

(i) My dad's brother lives with his daughter ( my dad's niece ) since his wife died. He is 84 and needs significant care which is provided by her. She needs to be with her dad so that he can visit UK.

(ii) In addition to above clearly she would also get to see her uncle - my dad.

Once I filled these forms I get _

a. Bank details/ savings / Payslips etc from my employer.
b. Details about the accomodation.
c. My passport details to establish my status viz UK.
d. Sponsorship letter from me.
e. Letter from GP confirming my dad's health.

and from Pakistan.

f. Letter confirming their financial position etc.
g. Letter from Doctor in PK confirming my dad's brothers poor health.

Any thoughts on above would be most appreciated.

Regards.

Atan.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon May 26, 2014 2:46 pm

A reason for your niece and uncle to return home? Ownership of property? Employment or ongoing study for your niece? Family ties there?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Atan
Newly Registered

Post by Atan » Mon May 26, 2014 3:18 pm

^^ My uncle owns the house and land he lives in. At his age all he wants to see his brother and then go back. He cannot stay here because he requires almost 14/24 attention provided by his daughter ( the niece ) and another daughter who lives closeby in Pakistan.

The niece is not employed or on any education course however she is married and is about 33 years old. Her husband is a soldier in PK Army so is not very well off but niether are they poor. They are secure and econimcally viable as they live in dad's house.

Thanks again for reply