ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application as Selfsufficient/Jobseeker/Self-employed

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

John1208
Newly Registered

EEA2 Application as Selfsufficient/Jobseeker/Self-employed

Post by John1208 » Sun May 25, 2014 1:16 am

Hi,

I am new to this forum and I found a lot of useful information related to EEA questions. so I thought of sharing my situation and at the same time the responses I receive would help others.

I am a non-EEA National married to a EEA National living and working in UK from 2008(we got married outside UK in 2007). I got my Resident Card in Oct 2009 and is valid up to Oct 2014. I got the EEA2 on the grounds that my EEA national was exercising treaty rights. At the time of applying for EEA2 and until this point, my EEA national is receiving Child benefit and during the last 5 years we never had a comprehensive sickness insurance.
But from Feb 2010 my EEA national has stopped working because she decided to be a full-time mum. So she is self-sufficient from that time and haven't registered as a job seeker. we also received CTC and WTC for few months and later it stopped due to my salary situation.

Based on the above circumstances, it is not possible to apply for a PR after I clarified this with HO. Now the only option left is to apply for EEA2 again. I have got few questions related to that.

1. I am on full-time employment, can I apply for EEA2 based on the grounds that my EEA is a job seeker?
a. if yes, can a EEA receive Child benefit whilst seeking job?
b. when seeking job does she needs a CSI and all the family members as well?
c. does the EEA national child also needs CSI who is born in UK? child is a french
2. My EEA national also planning to start business on her own. Can I apply for EEA2 based on that grounds?
a. if she is unpaid for couple of months, does it count to be as a self-sufficient candidate?
b. does she needs CSI for her and all family members?
c. can EEA receive Child benefit?
3. If applying for EEA2 on the grounds that the EEA national is self-sufficient?
a. does the EEA national should show enough funds in her bank account
b. again, do we need CSI for all including the child.?
4. Can I apply for a new EEA2 application when my current EEA visa expires in Oct 2014?
5. Can I apply for EEA2 based on my EEA national being self-sufficient immediately after taking out CSI? or should we have to wait until we can show there is sufficient funds in EEA national account?
6. Before applying for EEA2 does the EEA national requires a new EEA1 as the current circumstances has changed or we can use the existing Registration certificate? Currently she is a job seeker and don't have CSI

I got more questions in mind but at the moment these are the ones I remember.

I sincerely appreciate any valuable answers and comments for the above. it would greatly benefit me knowing the right things before applying for EEA2.

Also please mention if you think any of the scenarios would affect my PR in future which I should be aware off.

Thank you.

tier123
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application as Selfsufficient/Jobseeker/Self-employ

Post by tier123 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:45 am

John1208 wrote:Hi,

I am new to this forum and I found a lot of useful information related to EEA questions. so I thought of sharing my situation and at the same time the responses I receive would help others.

I am a non-EEA National married to a EEA National living and working in UK from 2008(we got married outside UK in 2007). I got my Resident Card in Oct 2009 and is valid up to Oct 2014. I got the EEA2 on the grounds that my EEA national was exercising treaty rights. At the time of applying for EEA2 and until this point, my EEA national is receiving Child benefit and during the last 5 years we never had a comprehensive sickness insurance.
But from Feb 2010 my EEA national has stopped working because she decided to be a full-time mum. So she is self-sufficient from that time and haven't registered as a job seeker. we also received CTC and WTC for few months and later it stopped due to my salary situation.

Based on the above circumstances, it is not possible to apply for a PR after I clarified this with HO. Now the only option left is to apply for EEA2 again. I have got few questions related to that.

1. I am on full-time employment, can I apply for EEA2 based on the grounds that my EEA is a job seeker?
a. if yes, can a EEA receive Child benefit whilst seeking job?
b. when seeking job does she needs a CSI and all the family members as well?
c. does the EEA national child also needs CSI who is born in UK? child is a french
2. My EEA national also planning to start business on her own. Can I apply for EEA2 based on that grounds?
a. if she is unpaid for couple of months, does it count to be as a self-sufficient candidate?
b. does she needs CSI for her and all family members?
3. If applying for EEA2 on the grounds that the EEA national is self-sufficient?
a. does the EEA national should show enough funds in her bank account
b. again, do we need CSI for all including the child.?
4. Can I apply for a new EEA2 application when my current EEA visa expires in Oct 2014?
5. Can I apply for EEA2 based on my EEA national being self-sufficient immediately after taking out CSI? or should we have to wait until we can show there is sufficient funds in EEA national account?
6. Before applying for EEA2 does the EEA national requires a new EEA1 as the current circumstances has changed or we can use the existing Registration certificate? Currently she is a job seeker and don't have CSI

I got more questions in mind but at the moment these are the ones I remember.

I sincerely appreciate any valuable answers and comments for the above. it would greatly benefit me knowing the right things before applying for EEA2.

Also please mention if you think any of the scenarios would affect my PR in future which I should be aware off.

Thank you.
Hi,

I'm in the same situation as you are. Please let me know if you got answers for these questions.

Im non eea on resident card since 2011, my wife stopped working a year after 2 years at work. We didnt take any CSI. I have been working and are self sufficient and not recieved any benefits except child benefits. My PR is due in 2016. After 1 year break my wife is searching for a new job.if i show my bank account for self succient and utilitiy bills for PR. Would this be ok with HO? Thanks

John1208
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application as Selfsufficient/Jobseeker/Self-employ

Post by John1208 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:26 am

So you received EEA RP in 2011 but your wife stopped working from 2013 if I am correct.

To apply for a PR you need to show the following proof for different categories as an EEA.
For Home office, non-EEA status is less concerned than EEA status.

If EEA is exercising treaty rights as worker their last five year P60 need to be enclosed. If the EEA stopped working but started working in a short time than that is fine. because you will hold the p45 from the previous employer and than the following years P60. But if the EEA is unemployed for a long time, then you need to prove that you are either self-sufficient or self-employed which ever category that is suitable to you.

if EEA is self-sufficient then, you need to prove that during the time your EEA spent as self-sufficient, the entire family should hold a comprehensive sickness insurance (bank stmts and utility bills are not sufficient for this category). just to give you an idea, you will be looking at paying around £1200 appx a year for 3 members including child. And you should not receive any benefits including child benefit as well. Holding comprehensive insurance means you can still use NHS but you will have to show the GP/Hospital that you have a health insurance. so GP/NHS hospital will claim from it. but maternity is excluded.

if self-employed you can continue to receive all benefits and use NHS but as a proof you will have to show the company incorporation letter, business bank stmt, invoices, letter from accounts....

I would suggest that let your wife continue searching for a job because it will be useful when you confirm with Home office.
Call Home office as soon as your wife gets employment and explain clearly your status and all the gaps in the history.
They will either say you can Apply for PR or Resident permit again.

You can apply for "resident permit anytime during the stay regardless of what status you are currently" in as long as your EEA spouse is exercising treaty rights.

hope this helps...