ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

looking for some guidance - help Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

magzi123
Newly Registered

looking for some guidance - help Tier 2

Post by magzi123 » Sun May 25, 2014 1:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

Good to see that this group solves and answers many questions. I am looking forward for your suggestions now.

I have been offered job in UK, currently I am living outside UK. My job starts from 1st of June 2014. According to my employer my Restricted COS is approved and he has asked me my passport and address to issue the Restricted COS, which will be probably issued by tomorrow or day after. So makes sense that my joining date is near and I am still waiting for COS and then will move ahead making my Visa application. So probably I wont be able to get to UK on time or perhaps till 15th June - if things go fine.

My employer also knows about this and does understand, however the company lawyer says that she wont be able to change the joining date. So I wanted to ask if I reach UK later than the date specified in COS, so is there a limit or a restriction that will cause me trouble or wont allow me to enter UK.

Simply is it necessary to enter in UK as specified in your COS - can you do later than that? if yes then how many days? if No then any suggestions?

Can anyone please help me on this?

Best wishes

magzi

My question is since my COS says that I need to start work from 1st June 2014 so the process for which Restricted COS has been delayed.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: looking for some guidance - help Tier 2

Post by iworker » Sun May 25, 2014 7:18 pm

its not a problem. It is not unusual for migrants to arrive late due to visa processing/serving notice etc.

If possible, once u have the visa, ask you employer to send you a letter stating the new start date and keep with in hand luggage so can show at immigrations if asked.

magzi123
Newly Registered

Post by magzi123 » Sun May 25, 2014 8:09 pm

many thanks for your reply.

Is it necessary to put your offer letter with your visa application or COS will do the same and doesnt requires anything except your English degree, bank statements and passport. Anything else required to be submitted?

sri_4me
Newly Registered

Post by sri_4me » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:54 pm

Urgent help required plzzzzzzzz.

Hi. I hold an Indian passport, and I got UK Tier 2 general VISA for 3 years in the month of March 2014, but I have not used Tier 2 general VISA to travel and work in UK, I am still in India and I informed my Sponsor to withdraw my COS from home office; he informed UK home office to withdraw my COS, now I found a potential sponsor who is ready to sponsor, does a cooling off period apply for my new Tier2 general VISA?

Thanks

sri_4me
Newly Registered

Post by sri_4me » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:58 pm

Urgent help required plzzzzzzzz.

Hi. I hold an Indian passport, and I got UK Tier 2 general VISA for 3 years in the month of March 2014, but I have not used Tier 2 general VISA to travel and work in UK, I am still in India and I informed my Sponsor to withdraw my COS from home office; he informed UK home office to withdraw my COS, now I found a potential sponsor who is ready to sponsor, does a cooling off period apply for my new Tier2 general VISA?

Thanks

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:07 pm

No