ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR qualified

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sahisunny123
Newly Registered

ILR qualified

Post by sahisunny123 » Mon May 26, 2014 12:43 am

my wife came to UK in June 2011 on tier 1 dependant visa as i was on Tier 1 general.
in feb 2013, i have finished my 5 years of stay and i have got ILR and as my wife hasn’t finished her 2 years of stay, hence she has been given extension of stay on FLR (M) as ILR dependant.
My wife has finished 2 years and 11 months now counting from june 2011 (tier 1 dependant time + ILR dependant time). can she apply for ILR now? or as she has switched from Tier 1 dependant to ILR dependant in feb 2013, does stay counts from ILR dependant. as she has switched from PBS dependant to ILR dependant in feb 2013 (according to new rules obtained ILR dependant after 9 july 2012), does new rules apply (need to finish 5 years counting from feb 2013)?
Does it matters if she has switched from PBS dependant to ILR dependant? can 2 years rule still apply as she has got tier 1 dependant visa before 9 july 2012 or as she has got ILR dependant after 9 july 2012, does she has to wait 5 years .
i am so confused if 2 years rule still apply for my wife eventhough she has switched from PBS dependant to ILR dependant or as she is no longer PBS dependant, does counting period should start from ILR dependant received date.

can someone please clarify the confusion

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR qualified

Post by Amber » Mon May 26, 2014 6:07 pm

Yes she can apply now on SET(M) by virtue of immigration rule 287(a)(i)(d), B1 English and LIUK required.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sahisunny
Newly Registered

Post by sahisunny » Tue May 27, 2014 5:04 pm

thanks a lot for your reply.
I have spoken to solicitor today. solicitor has mentioned to me that as my wife visa status has changed from Tier 1 dependant to ILR dependant she is no more under 2 years rule and new rules apply where she has to wait 5 years to apply for ILR.

I am very confused now. I have booked an appointment on 9th in sheefield. I was in a impression that as my wife has got tier 1 dependant on june 2011 i thought old rules apply eventhough she has switched from tier 1 dependant to ILR dependadnt.

please clarify this if solicitor is correct or can i still go a head.

thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue May 27, 2014 11:30 pm

Your solicitor is wrong. Take a copy of rule 287(a)(i)(d) (click) and the transitional provisions (click) to your appointment. I assume FLR(M) was granted for 2 years.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sahisunny
Newly Registered

Post by sahisunny » Wed May 28, 2014 6:16 pm

thank for your response. does the rule 287 (a)(i)(d) applies for ILR (obtained by 5 years )spouse or is it for 10 years route? i have obtained ILR under 5 years tier1 category.
please clarify. thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 28, 2014 11:01 pm

It can apply to both where the dep was a PBS dep and switched to FLR(M) under Part 8 of the rules.