ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Photo Requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saeumair

ILR Photo Requirement

Post by saeumair » Mon May 26, 2014 10:55 am

Hi Guys

Small question I am applying for ILR soon, just want to check can the photos be done from these booths outside ASDA, Tesco etc

I am confused as it says on there Passport photos are they same as ILR requirements ??

If yes what option do you select ?? UK Passport ?

Thanks

mhkhan

Re: ILR Photo Requirement

Post by mhkhan » Mon May 26, 2014 11:32 am

Photo guidelines are on this link: https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports

Photo booths are not reliable for this purpose.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 26, 2014 11:37 am

The photobooth photos are fine. Select 'UK Passport' if you are going to use the photobooth.

It is acceptable and I used them for FLR(M), ILR, BC and BC Passport and never had any problems or questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon May 26, 2014 8:09 pm

With the strict rules governing the requirements for photos, even though a photo booth is acceptable, I'd get them done professionally. Such rules include looking straight into the camera, no smiling, no hair covering face etc etc... (as is in the link above)

For the sake of a couple of pounds extra, get them done professionally considering you are already paying £1093 for the ILR (or £1493 for same day service).
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided