ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contents of Property inspection

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mooty

Contents of Property inspection

Post by mooty » Mon May 26, 2014 6:22 pm

Hello All,

Can someone provide the contents of the Property inspection letter from the estate agent (Not from local council) i.e. the space available and the condition of the property etc?

Thank you in advance

WR1

Re: Contents of Property inspection

Post by WR1 » Mon May 26, 2014 7:49 pm

Mine consisted of 2 pages. The first page was printed on the estate agent's letterhead titled "Re: Application for the United Kingdom for Entry Clearance" and specified information under the terms of the Housing Act 1985 relating to the permitted X units so that there is no overcrowding (where X is a number assessed against the rooms and people in the house)

The second page is more specific to the house visit where the number of rooms were noted and the sizes measured along with information whether they are habitable.

The number of current occupants is also specified along with the sex, age/DOB and unit number. This is signed and dated by the individual carrying out the assessment. This information is then summarised in Page 1 stating what the housing act allows and X units is permitted in our house, we had more units than the allowable number in the Housing Act 1985 so there will be no overcrowding.

There was no information stated if the house was detached, semi detached, terraced etc... or the area it was situated in or even if it had a driveway/garden etc... Just the number of rooms, their sizes and the people currently living in it.

I requested two copies of the letter. One for submission with the visa application and one for my records.

Hope this helps.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided