ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent/Spouse Visa can apply for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rahul6000
Newly Registered

Dependent/Spouse Visa can apply for ILR

Post by rahul6000 » Mon May 26, 2014 8:17 pm

Hi,

I am here for a bit of advice and information.

I came to UK in April 2002 on student visa after finishing my studies in applied for HSMP in 2009 and received it in Sept 2009.

Got married in July 2010 and wife came over to UK under dependent Visa on August 2010.

As i was in UK for 10 years (2002-2012) so i applied for ILR in 2012 under Long residence rule instead of extending my HSMP, so after 9th July once my ILR came through , my wife applied for visa (as her HSMP dependent visa became invalid as I received my ILR) as a spouse of a British Person and she received her visa till august 2015.

I want to know once her visa is up for renewal can she apply for ILR or she need to extend her visa and complete 5 years on that visa before she can apply for ILR.

I believe that she should be able to apply for ILR as she will complete her 5 years (entered in August 2010 on dependent visa and Current Visa Expiring in August 2015) in UK , but thats is my believe.

Can someone Please guide us if she can apply for ILR or not at the end of her visa.

Thanks