ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IntegraScreen verification for the University (EC Topic)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cobra123

IntegraScreen verification for the University (EC Topic)

Post by cobra123 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:53 pm

As it is mentioned in the FAQ http://ukvisas.integrascreen.com/DVPBHC/Faq.aspx#3 which states that We verify the information directly with the source of the information e.g. we will verify university qualifications with the university itself.
I have done bachelor's degree ( B.E) from DR. Bhim Rao Ambedkar University , AGRA , INDIA and the issue is that this university doesn't have any Phone Number , or website ( which is not operational ) , i am concerned about how the integrascreen will verify my degree.
please give me your suggestion.[/u]

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: IntegraScreen verification for the University (EC Topic)

Post by pantaiema » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:41 pm

Why do you concern about how the integrascreen to verify your degree if you want to apply for HSMP ?.

TO verify your qualification, employment, etc, BIA will use embassy, high commision in your countries, They might use professionmal verificaiton agents but I believe they will never disclose which agent they are going to use for clear reason (probably not the integrascreen ?). . They might use several verification agents as well.

Pantaiema

cobra123 wrote:As it is mentioned in the FAQ http://ukvisas.integrascreen.com/DVPBHC/Faq.aspx#3 which states that We verify the information directly with the source of the information e.g. we will verify university qualifications with the university itself.
I have done bachelor's degree ( B.E) from DR. Bhim Rao Ambedkar University , AGRA , INDIA and the issue is that this university doesn't have any Phone Number , or website ( which is not operational ) , i am concerned about how the integrascreen will verify my degree.
please give me your suggestion.[/u]

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:51 pm

Are you applying for HSMP or EC?

For HSMP instead of worrying about the University Verification (you cant know which agency will HO use) try to get your NARIC certification and you should be fine with it.

For EC, it will be very important to provide the contact details of the Univ. It is hard to assume that the Univ does not have a telephone connection.

regards,

push_hsmp

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:00 pm

Had nothing to do so just did a google search on your University (was more interested in confirming that there could be a university without a telephone number!! :D ) & this is what I got:

Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar University (DBRAU), Agra, Uttar Pradesh
Formerly Agra University

Paliwal Park
Agra
Uttar Pradesh
India

Pin Code: 282004

Telephone: +91-562-2852135, 2852045, 2852373, 2852374, 2521584

Fax: +91-562-2520051

Official Website / Institution home page: dbrau.com

Email: contact@dbrau.com

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:57 pm

LOL

I am also quite surprising that today there is still any university does not have telephone number and website ?????? :roll: :roll: :roll:

This is probably a new kind of creativity. ????

Shake my head.

Pantaiema
push_hsmp wrote:Had nothing to do so just did a google search on your University (was more interested in confirming that there could be a university without a telephone number!! :D ) & this is what I got:

Formerly Agra University

Paliwal Park
Agra
Uttar Pradesh
India

gordon

Post by gordon » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:57 pm

What sort of university is this? It sounds more like a commercial venture gone out of business, 'dot-com' rather than 'dot-edu' or 'ac-dot-in'. Maybe you should submit NARIC documentation with the application?

cobra123

Post by cobra123 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:22 pm

Well , thanks for all that worthy concern ..but as u can see none of these mentioned contact details or website are working (they are quite old ), i will apply for the EC and i have the NARIC letter which i got at the time of my HSMP application , but as the NARIC JUST COMPARES YOUR DEGREE EQUIVALENT TO THE BRITISH STANDARDS , IT DOES NOT VERIFIES YOUR DEGREE FROM THE SOURCE, so i was just wondering in case they dont able to contact the university people ...they can assume that ..the source provided r false.
and this university is almost 150 years old ..formerly ( AGRA university, agra) but its quite ironic that dont have any contact details , but thats true ...
push_hsmp wrote:Had nothing to do so just did a google search on your University (was more interested in confirming that there could be a university without a telephone number!! :D ) & this is what I got:

Formerly Agra University

Paliwal Park
Agra
Uttar Pradesh
India

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:55 pm

Please dont take me otherwise, but I still can not believe that the university does not have a telephone number !! Every Univ has to meet certain criteria before they are granted (and continue to hold) the status of a University by UGC. And the most basic thing is the contact detail.

Have you visited their campus? can you ask some one in Agra to go to the University and get the details from there?

Looks like you have not been trying enough !!

I have done some more google search for you. Following are the details:

Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar University
Vice Chancellor: Prof. A.S. Kukla
Tel:0562 2158669(O)2152139(R)
Fax:

Registrar: Shri V.K. Sinha
Tel:0562 2152118(O)2521001(R)
Fax: 2520051

I called up the Registrar's residence (at 11:30 in the night) and the number was ringing.

You might call up at the office/residence numbers and get info from them.... try man.... its impossible to believe that a University funded by UGC (mind you it is a State University) does not have a telephone number !!