ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I will qualify for ILR but will my wife do?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rsulman
Newly Registered

I will qualify for ILR but will my wife do?

Post by rsulman » Tue May 27, 2014 11:31 am

Dear immigration gurus,

I've been on Tier 2 (sponsored) since Sep 09. Therefore, I will soon be eligible to apply for ILR.
I got married in 2010 and my wife had a lengthy tier 4 student visa which we didn't change till it expired in 2013 (massive act of stupidity). So she only, officially, became a dependant in Jan 14! However, we did notify the Police of our marriage in 2010.

The immigration law for PBS dependants after 2012 clearly states that she has to be a dependant for 5 years before being eligible for ILR. But was wondering if there is anything we can do 'limit the damages'.

Also, her leave (like mine) is still valid till Jun 2015. Should (or could ) I include her in my ILR application as a dependant to extend her leave?

It has been a massive blow to our plans but I am trying to limit damages as possible. Any help/advise is very much appreciated.

R.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: I will qualify for ILR but will my wife do?

Post by Amber » Tue May 27, 2014 11:07 pm

She can continue and extend as a PBS dep until she completes 5 years.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

rsulman
Newly Registered

Post by rsulman » Wed May 28, 2014 9:18 am

Amber_ wrote:She can continue and extend as a PBS dep until she completes 5 years.
Thanks Amber for your reply,
I am coming to terms with this now. One more question,
Do I need to include her in my ILR application (Aug14) even though her leave is valid till Jun15?

Cheers,

R

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 28, 2014 4:38 pm

No, she can extend as a PBS dep after you have settled.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.