ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Question for Dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

taps9952
Newly Registered

ILR Question for Dependent

Post by taps9952 » Tue May 27, 2014 3:29 pm

I have a question regarding my wife's ILR visa as I am not sure whether she can apply along with me.

I am currently on Tier 1 (General) visa, which expires in Jan. 2015. And I am going to apply for an ILR before Jan. 17, 2015.

Now my wife is currently on Tier 1 General dependent visa. Her Visa was granted in Feb. 2013 and expires in Jan. 17, 2015, along with me.

So can she apply for a ILR along with me?

Because the UKBA site states this : For partner: they’ve been living in the UK with you for at least 2 years if they applied before 9 July 2012 or 5 years if they applied on or after 9 July 2012

https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... -1-general

If not, what visa should she be apply as her visa would expire on the same date as mine?

I am sorry but I couldn't find any specific post/forum discussing this kind of issue.

I would be very much thankful to you if the moderators or anyone who has faced the same issue could reply

taps9952
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Question for Dependent

Post by taps9952 » Wed May 28, 2014 2:43 pm

Hi can anyone please help me to clear my confusions.
I would be very much thankful and grateful.

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Wed May 28, 2014 3:50 pm

Tier 1 general dependent extesion.She can continue to extend her visa until she is eligible.

she this also :-

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 65412.html

predha02
Newly Registered

Post by predha02 » Thu May 29, 2014 1:12 pm

Hi all,

I got my ILR ( 5 years on WP/ Tier1 --> PBS route) in Nov, 2012.

My wife has been in the UK (as PBS dependant) since April 2012 and we're applying for her ILR using SET(O) application form.

I have few queries about this form and would appreciate if someone clarified these for me-
1. My wife has been in a permanent employment since Aug, 2012. Do we need to enter either hers or mine earnings in section 5.6? The note at the bottom of Page 11 says this only needs filling in case of "maternity, paternity or adoption leave" etc ( none of which apply in our case)...but the guidelines in this section say this should be used to fill sources and levels of income as indicated in 5.1 - 5.5. Should we fill it or leave it blank?

2. We only ever left UK twice since my wife came over- both were 3 week trips to back home. Does that mean we should ignore section 6.3?

3. Should we completely ignore section 9 and not fill it at all?

4. In section 11 ( page 49 - "Your Finances" section), should we tick the checkbox - judging by the note, this is linked to section 5. Does that mean we should enter both of our earnings in section 5.6 and tick this box??

5. Do we need to submit a sponsorship letter ( proclaiming I will support my wife) ? Section 11S ( page 55) seems to suggest so.

Can someone shed some light please?

Thanks in advance!