ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Qualify for Indefinite leave to remain

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kenfosu67
Newly Registered

Qualify for Indefinite leave to remain

Post by kenfosu67 » Tue May 27, 2014 8:29 pm

I have five years stay which I acquire through my mother being married to an EEA national. They were married for 7 seven years and has since divorce about a year now. I am 17 years old and I have two more years to run on my visa. I just want to find out if I qualify to apply for indefinite leave to remain now instead of waiting for it to run out. NB My mother has now acquire a British passport. Many thx

SouthWest1

Re: Qualify for Indefinite leave to remain

Post by SouthWest1 » Tue May 27, 2014 10:27 pm

1- you acquired your residence card based in your relationship to your step dad.
2- after 5 years from your residence, you can apply for PR providing you include proof of exercising treaty rights for your step father.
3- based on your post, you can not apply now as you still have 2 years left to complete your 5 years.
4- your mother BC is irrelevant here.

as you are 17 yrs old, may be a moderator can add a comment if your age can make a difference or if you have an alternative option!
I am not sure if Retain of Rights is applicable in your case or not, especially as your mother is divorced now !!!

Obie
Ireland

Re: Qualify for Indefinite leave to remain

Post by Obie » Wed May 28, 2014 1:08 am

Well you have two options.

I believe you can apply for PR now, as it seems like you will qualify, or your mother can register you as a British Citizen under section 3(1) of the nationality act 1981.

You mum should have registered you, whiles she was making her naturalisation application.

I am sure it is not late, that can be done now. Make sure it is done before you turn 18.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors