ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

living apart for three months during two years pre ilr

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jlolololo
Mood:
Ireland

living apart for three months during two years pre ilr

Post by jlolololo » Tue May 27, 2014 11:40 pm

Bear with me, I find all this immigration stuff incredibly stressful (as I am sure most people do). We are getting ready to apply for my husband's ilr appointment. We are planning to apply for a same day peo appointment. I work and he stays at home with our 2 children. We own our own home.

Everything is straightforward except that after we moved to the uk, I left for three and a half months for work. He stayed in the uk as he was studying at the time. I know this was not ideal but I was going through a long recruitment process in the uk and as we had no income, I urgently needed to earn some money and this job was my easiest option.

So now I am really panicking. When I left the uk for work he accompanied me, then returned to the uk. He was detained at immigration on reentry and questioned. I was contacted by the eco, and my parents were also involved. The eco said that he was being admitted to the uk on that occasion on compassionate grounds. He has since exited and entered unhindered.

Are we going to be refused on the basis of my being outside the uk for 3.5 months during the 2 year qualifying period? We have bills in both our names spanning the entire two year period. We entered the uk together.