ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependant visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolsen111
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependant visa

Post by coolsen111 » Wed May 28, 2014 8:28 am

Hi All,
Greeings!. Iam currently in Tier 1 general visa. Iam getting married in Nov 2014. But iam planning to do a registration marriage in India in september 2014 and to apply the dependant's visa. Should Marriage invitation be kept along with the other proofs a mandatory thing?. This is my doubt. But having checked the list of documents listed by UKBA.....they have mentioned only 'certificate of marriage'. But people keep marriage photos and invitation as an additional set of proofs.

Thanks and Regards.

VijayUK

Re: Tier 1 dependant visa

Post by VijayUK » Wed May 28, 2014 9:11 am

Marriage Certificate is enough as we have done the same.

To be honest...for Marriage registration you may need the invitation card, venue of marriage certificate and 2 witness...and photographs.

So you may have to wear Marriage dress and take photos :-) same you can submit to UKBA when applying.

coolsen111
Newly Registered

Post by coolsen111 » Wed May 28, 2014 11:29 am

Thanks VijayUK for the reply.

From the first line, I understood that you also submitted only the certificateof marriage. Is that right?.

VijayUK

Post by VijayUK » Wed May 28, 2014 12:37 pm

Yes..marriage certificate and couple of photos...not the marriage invitation.

But getting ur marriage registered u may need them.

swatinaik1000
Newly Registered

Post by swatinaik1000 » Thu May 29, 2014 9:52 pm

I recently got married and i am back to UK.I am planning her dependant by July end as need to maintain funds for 90days.

I have done my research a bit.See if this is helpful.

First try to maintain communication history such as whatsapp chat history,call u make on skype and email history.If you use calling cards to call back hme do preserve it.Try to make calls from your own number and get a itemised bill.Similarliy ask your partner to her as a itemised bill and keep track of all phone calls she makes U.

Secondly along with marriage certificate take some policy together to show you are not emotionally attached but also financial share things.The people who will attend your wedding take a letter from them that how long you know each other,how you found her,they attended your wedding and describe how you both met.Make sure they are ur friends and not family members.take as many pictures before wedding when you are together.may be in a restuarant or in park or at beach.try to keep reciepts of everything you but online for her or in person.

I hope this helps.