ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Britsih Passport - return of documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bkarthikisc

Britsih Passport - return of documents

Post by bkarthikisc » Wed May 28, 2014 4:37 pm

Hello,

I have got my citizenship ceremony on the 19th of June. I travel quite frequently to Europe and i have to travel to France on the 16th of July. I am aware of the fact that it takes six weeks to get the passport and could take up to 4-5 weeks to get the original documents (indian passport/ ILR card) back .

Is there any way to get the Indian passport and the ILR card back quicker? I am OK to wait for 6 weeks for the British passport

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Britsih Passport - return of documents

Post by CR001 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:36 pm

No, there is not. You only get your original documents back shortly before or after your passport interview. Or in my case, I got my foreign passport and naturalisation certificate back 5 weeks AFTER I received my British Passport.

As summer is the passport offices' busiest time, you could expect to wait longer for a passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bkarthikisc

Post by bkarthikisc » Thu May 29, 2014 5:22 am

CR001 wrote:No, there is not. You only get your original documents back shortly before or after your passport interview. Or in my case, I got my foreign passport and naturalisation certificate back 5 weeks AFTER I received my British Passport.

As summer is the passport offices' busiest time, you could expect to wait longer for a passport.
Thanks CR001

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 29, 2014 9:23 am

Your best option would be to travel on your Indian passport and ILR and apply for your British passport once you return and you know you will not need to travel soon.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bkarthikisc

Post by bkarthikisc » Thu May 29, 2014 9:32 am

CR001 wrote:Your best option would be to travel on your Indian passport and ILR and apply for your British passport once you return and you know you will not need to travel soon.
Thanks CR001. That is what i will have to do.