ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

housing benefit and card residence application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

marymartinssolo
Newly Registered

housing benefit and card residence application

Post by marymartinssolo » Thu May 29, 2014 2:19 pm

Hi
i am Italian,married 5 years with a Nigerian.
My husband enter in England with at EEA Visa Family Permit,after he lived for 2 and half year in Italy,trying to getting the right permit.
I was working as a full time waitress earning almost 18.000 k a year.
After he arrive in London we apply at the Home office for a FLR(M) visa ,in august 2013,but after 6 months,February 2014,was denied because It was the wrong one.We were suppose to apply for a residence card first.
During this waiting time I lost my job and I start to work part time, so I decided to claim housing benefit.
I applied in January and we received the refusal letter on February.
In March we applied again for the residence card and I gave them my old payslips and some of the new part-time job,old statement and nothing about benefit because I didn't know if I was entitled or not.
After 3 month I received a positive answer about it.
The other day we received a letter from the Home Office inviting us to go for an interview in Liverpool.
Now my concern is about the benefit,shall I bring the latest statement or just explain to them my situation??That I am working part -time and he cannot work so I need to get the benefits??
Most of the people said that asking for benefit was the worst thing I could do for my husband document, and now i don't really know what is going to happen!!
I am confuse!Someone can help please
thanks
Mary

Obie
Ireland

Re: housing benefit and card residence application

Post by Obie » Thu May 29, 2014 9:42 pm

They invite you to Liverpool if they suspect your marriage is one of convenience.

If your appeal has been allowed, there is no reason for you to be invited to attend Liverpool.

Why? they should simply issue the visa.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Thu May 29, 2014 11:12 pm

[quote="marymartinssolo"]Hi
i am Italian,married 5 years with a Nigerian.
My husband enter in England with at EEA Visa Family Permit,after he lived for 2 and half year in Italy,trying to getting the right permit.
I was working as a full time waitress earning almost 18.000 k a year.
After he arrive in London we apply at the Home office for a FLR(M) visa ,in august 2013,but after 6 months,February 2014,was denied because It was the wrong one.We were suppose to apply for a residence card first.
During this waiting time I lost my job and I start to work part time, so I decided to claim housing benefit.
I applied in January and we received the refusal letter on February.
In March we applied again for the residence card and I gave them my old payslips and some of the new part-time job,old statement and nothing about benefit because I didn't know if I was entitled or not.
After 3 month I received a positive answer about it.
The other day we received a letter from the Home Office inviting us to go for an interview in Liverpool.
Now my concern is about the benefit,shall I bring the latest statement or just explain to them my situation??That I am working part -time and he cannot work so I need to get the benefits??
Most of the people said that asking for benefit was the worst thing I could do for my husband document, and now i don't really know what is going to happen!!
I am confuse!Someone can help please
thanks
Mary[/quote]

as an Italian you are always entitled to a housing benefit if you are economically active, which you are

as far as your husband, technically he isnt but first of all, were you claiming as single or a couple?

second, if as a couple even in that case i do not think it is fatal in your situation.

you were invited to an interview to assess that you have a genuine marriage, they now do it often and ask a lot of dumb questions

you lived together a long time before you ever came to the uk, so this is a bit silly in your case, but your income or benefits arent an issue here. just answer everything as truthful as you can, the best way to keep your stories strtaight

marymartinssolo
Newly Registered

Post by marymartinssolo » Thu May 29, 2014 11:40 pm

Many thanks for your answer