ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) to SET(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shan77

FLR(M) to SET(M)

Post by Shan77 » Fri May 30, 2014 2:52 am

I received my ILR on the basis of 10 years long residency in May 2013. My wife then switched to FLR(M) visa in July 2013 from Tier 2 PBS dependent visa. She was previously on Tier 2 PBS dependent visa since November 2009 (as I was on Tier 2 general visa).

My questions:
1. Can she now apply for ILR using SET(M) application? (as she has already spent more than 2 years as PBS dependent and on FLR(M) visa. I believe that new rules which became effective on 06 April 2014 will not affect her).

2. During her FLR(M) application in July 2013, she passed TOEIC test taken at University of Westminster and scored B2 score. As TOEIC is now suspended by UKBA, does she require to take another english exam to satisfy the B1 english level requirement?

I would highly appreciate if senior members reply on the above.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) to SET(M)

Post by Amber » Fri May 30, 2014 6:07 pm

1. Yes, 2. Might be wise.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Shan77

Re: FLR(M) to SET(M)

Post by Shan77 » Sat May 31, 2014 1:49 am

Thanks for your reply.