ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa for visiting parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zia123
Newly Registered

visa for visiting parents

Post by zia123 » Fri May 30, 2014 2:45 pm

Hi

I am married to a Uk citizen with a British child, me and my wife are currently applying for flr(FP). However we know the fight might be a long one and after 3 years of not seeing my family I would like to know whether it would be possible to apply for a family visit visa for my parents to come and meet their grandson for the first time, or whether my status would negatively impact the application?

My father works full time, my mother is a housewife but has 6 children back home, as well as a daughter in law and literally all the rest of our family so there are reasons we can argue that they won't overstay.

If the family visit visa doesn't work would it possible for them to apply for a general visit without getting into any trouble because they do have family here in terms of my wife and son, whilst I know they cannot apply on me because I'm not settled.

Thanks

batleykhan

Re: visa for visiting parents

Post by batleykhan » Fri May 30, 2014 3:38 pm

Family visit visa is better. Show as many good reasons why your parents will return back home.This may include job, family, savings, land etc