ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British by Descent - Right of abode

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fatimadeel
Newly Registered

British by Descent - Right of abode

Post by Fatimadeel » Sat May 31, 2014 6:46 pm

Hi

I am a British citizen otherwise then by descent i was born in the UK and my son was born in Pakistan he has acquired british citizenship under section 2(1)(a) of BNA 1981 and i could have applied for

1. British Passport or
2. Apply for Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode

At the British High commission Islamabad all the staff there had stressed to apply for the passport but i did not want to as the time frame was minimum taking 6 months and could take over a year. I submitted the application for Right of abode after a lot of research and help from board member. i received his passport back in just under 2 weeks.

I would like to share my experience with anyone who may be in the same position as me as at the British high commission no one is available to offer you advice.

the application form was filled out online and most questions were straight forward even though they had questions such as income but they are not relevant so N/A was stated. for anyone who is filling out the application an important question is the child's nationality you have to state British even though it states as written on passport or travel document. Other wise you will not get it .

saj396
Newly Registered

Re: British by Descent - Right of abode

Post by saj396 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:14 pm

Hi there,

You were very helpful as I am about to apply for my daughter's COE. I just wanted to ask you about the fee and what documents did you provide with your son's application. And did you have to go to the Gerry Fedex's office to lodge the application.

I will be very grateful for your response. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards