ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switching Jobs in Tier 2 G

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shruti2014
Newly Registered

switching Jobs in Tier 2 G

Post by shruti2014 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:25 pm

Experts, Please help me with the below query.
1) How much time do I have to wait before I can switch job in Tier 2 general category. I will be going to UK by July to start my Job under Tier 2 General category. My visa is stamped till June 2017. How much time do I have to wait before some other company can file my COS.
2) Do i have to show my salary slips/ Paystubs to transfer from one sponsor to another under T2G?
2) My dependent's Visa is also valid till July 2017. If I switch my job to another company, do I have to file another dependent visa for my wife?

Please help me with the above queries.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: switching Jobs in Tier 2 G

Post by iworker » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:27 am

1 pretty much straight away, net day if u want.
2.No
3. yes

shruti2014
Newly Registered

Post by shruti2014 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:07 am

Thankyou for the response.

Also can someone please help me with the below question.
My wife has NOT got her dependent Visa yet. In the requirements it says that I should be showing the Tenancy agreement and 6 months of Bank statements. However I am still in India and cannot show the sponsorship proof and Tenancy agreement. Can some one please clarify if My employer can certify that he can support and accommodate me and my wife initially.

Thanks

tier2sponsership
Newly Registered

Post by tier2sponsership » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:35 pm

Hi - i have quick question regarding tier 2 general visa. I'm currently on a sponsored visa till 2015 but wish to find new employment.
Assuming i manage to find another employer that has the required sponsoring license with the job and stuff.. is there any specific amount of salary i need to be on before i can switch employer ?

I've tried searching this over the forum but couldn't find anything relating to this. I know when i first applied for tier 2 there was a condition that my salary must above 20k per year. any such requirement when changing sponsors/employer under same visa category.FYI my occupation is not listed in the shortage list so i know that the company must provide labour market test. Also any alternatives to this ?
any help is appreciated.

Thanks

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:50 pm

you do not need to provide the tenancy agreement or salary slips if you havent started the job yet.
U can either show maintenance of £600 per dependent or ask your employer to give a letter that they will support the dependent for first 1 month.

shruti2014
Newly Registered

Post by shruti2014 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:51 pm

Thankyou for your quick response..