ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Dependant wife confused

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yousuf.Khan
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Dependant wife confused

Post by Yousuf.Khan » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:27 am

Hi Amber,

I have called Home today office they are saying you got ILR on the basis of Tier 1 General and your wife is on Tier 1 Dependant she and come after July 2012 she cannot apply for FLR M she must continue fill PBS dependant form
Is that right?
PBS dependant fees is £1607
They have also asked to read this article
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf

My wife current leave is expiring on 7th July 2014 and I got my ILR 12th May 2014
Please let me know
Thanks

Yousuf

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 1 General Dependant wife confused

Post by iworker » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:33 pm

She can apply for FLR M as well, should u wish so, but it will reset her clock and she will have to wait for 5 years from that time.
You can continue to extend her leave as PBS dependent and apply for ILR whenever she completes 5 years.

Yousuf.Khan
Newly Registered

Post by Yousuf.Khan » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:42 pm

She is just her for 8 months any way not the end of the world if it reset her five years period.
I will extend her visa through FLR M for 2.5 years rather pay £1607 for PBS dep its better to pay £601 for FLR will extend again after 2.5 years again
Thanks for advice
Yousuf

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:25 am

Continue in the other thread please.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.