ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) extension 2nd time

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amrhossam2
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) extension 2nd time

Post by amrhossam2 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:31 pm

As per the last announcement (With effect from 6 April 2015, Tier 1 (General) will close and applications to extend leave
will no longer be accepted)

If i want to apply before April 2015 for an extension , how many year i'm going to get if i'm doing the extension for second time ?
My situation as following :

1st Visa on Sept 2010 for 2 years
Arrived to UK Sep 2011
extension on Sep 2012 for 3 years till sep 2015

So by Sep 2015 i won't complete the 5 years to apply for the ILR , so i need to extend before April 2015

How many years i'm going to get for extension if i'm going to apply before April 2015 for 2nd time extension

sharpattack
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 (General) extension 2nd time

Post by sharpattack » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:01 pm

I have a similar question. I will be apply for my 3rd extension following a two year break living outside the UK. I think they will give everyone 3 year extensions. But I will need to confirm that.

Ryan

Kumar101
Newly Registered

Post by Kumar101 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:44 pm

sharpattack wrote:I have a similar question. I will be apply for my 3rd extension following a two year break living outside the UK. I think they will give everyone 3 year extensions. But I will need to confirm that.

Ryan
Ryan,
How many years did you get in your 2nd extention?

Kumar

sharpattack
Newly Registered

Post by sharpattack » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:38 am

Kumar101 wrote:
sharpattack wrote:I have a similar question. I will be apply for my 3rd extension following a two year break living outside the UK. I think they will give everyone 3 year extensions. But I will need to confirm that.

Ryan
Ryan,
How many years did you get in your 2nd extention?

Kumar

Hi Kumar,

On my 2nd extension, I got 3 years. So, I think they apply best judgement and apply the 3 years based on what a person needs to get to ILR. I am hoping that I get 3 years when I send in my application next April. This will then get me to April 2018 where I will have finally qualified for ILR.