ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help - Advice re new maintenance funds

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

beckytj
Newly Registered

Urgent help - Advice re new maintenance funds

Post by beckytj » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:28 pm

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I am currently on a PSW visa which expires August 16th 2014.

I have had £900 maintenance funds in the bank since April 16th 2014 but I have just noticed that the maintenance funds has now increased to £945. I have today put another £100 in my bank today so I will have over the £945 limit (but the 90 days wont have passed until 15 days after my PSW visa has expired.) So effectively under the new maintenance rules I wouldnt be able to apply until August 31st 2014 (My PSW visa expires on August 16th 2014)

What are my options for applying for tier 1 entrepreneur visa? I have the £50,000 on standby, got a limited company etc etc but now the maintenance funds have increased what can I do? The £900 maintenance funds would have been in my bank 90 days on July 16th 2014.

Would I be able to overstay my current visa 15days then apply or will it be automatically refused if I do this?

Please advise

T.J.

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent help - Advice re new maintenance funds

Post by cpmlkhan » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:17 pm

beckytj wrote:Hi

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I am currently on a PSW visa which expires August 16th 2014.

I have had £900 maintenance funds in the bank since April 16th 2014 but I have just noticed that the maintenance funds has now increased to £945. I have today put another £100 in my bank today so I will have over the £945 limit (but the 90 days wont have passed until 15 days after my PSW visa has expired.) So effectively under the new maintenance rules I wouldnt be able to apply until August 31st 2014 (My PSW visa expires on August 16th 2014)

What are my options for applying for tier 1 entrepreneur visa? I have the £50,000 on standby, got a limited company etc etc but now the maintenance funds have increased what can I do? The £900 maintenance funds would have been in my bank 90 days on July 16th 2014.

Would I be able to overstay my current visa 15days then apply or will it be automatically refused if I do this?

Please advise

T.J.
Hello Becky,

61 views but no reply. No worries i will give you advice. Get any one of your friend or cousin and make joint account with them with his/ her existing account then order a statement before you apply. You will find your name in his/her last 3 months statement. That will cover your missing days.

HOPE IT WILL HELP YOU AND OTHERS.

beckytj
Newly Registered

Post by beckytj » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:47 pm

Thankyou so much for the reply, something so simple that we had never thought of! Much appreciated.
T.J.

beckytj
Newly Registered

Post by beckytj » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:50 pm

One more thing.

If I added my name to a friends account would they need to have the full £945 in one account.... or could I combine my £900 I already had then get my name on a friends that have had over £45 in their account for the last 90 days...

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:31 pm

Cpml has cleared everything but this £945 maintenance will come into affect from July.