ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Council tax single person discount and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sshah20
Pakistan

Council tax single person discount and ILR

Post by sshah20 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:43 am

HI,

My wife came as my dependent in June, 2012. I was living in a studio flat and as a single person I got 25% reduction in my council tax bill. after my wife came we decided to live in the same studio flat and I did not inform council about about my wife. me and my wife will be eligible for ILR in Nov, 2014. I am still on single person discount and want to know that, will it be problem in my ILR?

shall I inform council about my wife and pay in full? or shall Include my wife name now in council tax bill and start paying full bill?

Regs,

Shah

sshah20
Pakistan

Re: Council tax single person discount and ILR

Post by sshah20 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:14 pm

Waiting for replies specialy from Amber, Vinny. Please guide me What shall I do?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:21 pm

You should inform the council that you should not have a SPD and explain when your spouse moved in. I assume she isn't a student (or you) etc...
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sshah20
Pakistan

Post by sshah20 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:17 am

thanks Amber for your reply. yes my wife is not a student.

Tier1immigrant

Post by Tier1immigrant » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:32 am

You should definitely do what Amber as suggested, but I don't think this will affect your ILR application.

Amber knows best.