ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on applying for British PP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pkris.k

Query on applying for British PP

Post by pkris.k » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:59 pm

Hi,

My daughter was born in 2009 here in UK and at that time I was in work permit and my wife on WP dependant visa. Later in 2010 we acquired ILR for all 3 of us. I would like to go for British Passport for my daughter and would like to know whether i need to apply for naturalisation ?

Appreciate your response.

--Kris

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: Query on applying for British PP

Post by shahid2000 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:10 pm

Your daughter never needed to be on ILR. When you got ILR in 2010 you could have applied for her naturalization straightaway.
It will be same procedure now. You will have to apply for her registration/naturalization using form MN1. Once she has her naturalization certificate then you can apply for her passport.

pkris.k

Post by pkris.k » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:15 pm

Thank you for the reply..
Oh K ..i didnt know she never needed an ILR :( I have a further query on the naturalisation requirements. If i am right,
1. there should be no more than 475 days absence in the last 5 years
2. no more than 90 days absence in the last 12 months

After my daughter was born, my wife and kid were in frequent vacation visiting family in India. totalling around 417 days in the last 5 years...In the past 12 months she was in India for around 138 days.. Will that affect the application ??

I guess the same question applies to my wife's application as well....

Appreciate your response.

--Kris

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:51 pm

Its been a while since I applied so I don't know of the top of my head, also the rules may have changed since then. Probably someone else might be able to help you.

For your wife I can tell you for sure that 90+ days absence in last 12 month will be an issue and she will have to wait. On a related note, all the information is available in FAQ's on the forum and hundreds of other posts. I suggest you give it a good read.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:50 pm

You are Registering your child. Naturalisation is for adults.

I suggest you read the Children section in the FAQs and click on the links for the guidance notes and the form.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... ml#p592355
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.