ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - Only get 2 years for T2 general Need help!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lalalaqwe
Newly Registered

Urgent - Only get 2 years for T2 general Need help!

Post by lalalaqwe » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:25 pm

Hello everyone,

I am a student who got a graduate job with a UK company and will start my work in August. Our company hires agent to assist our visa application process. I just got my T2 General visa today, which is good. However, On the visa it states that:

Valid from 05/2014
Valid until 10/2016

This is very Strange as this is my first time apply for T2 General Visa. I notice nearly everyone got their T2 General Visa for 3 years the first time they apply for it. I have also asked my friend who went to the same graduate position in the same company a year ago. He told me that the visa he got last year lasts 3 years.

I am a bit worried now as there seems to be big problem. If I want to apply for a extention in the future, this means I must get a three years extention to get my ILR. :(

Can any one provide me some suggestions? Does this happen before to someone else? What can I do now? Do I need to notify the company and agent?

Many thanks!

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent - Only get 2 years for T2 general Need help!

Post by moonlight55 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:24 am

The duration on the visa depends on the CoS start and end dates. You don't get a 3-year visa by default even if you are applying for the first time. I'm guessing your employer would have requested for a 2 year CoS. Check with them.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Urgent - Only get 2 years for T2 general Need help!

Post by iworker » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:51 am

it is likely that your emoloyer would have put the end date on cos as 2 years. However, it is still better to confirm from the employer and if they had put the 3 years, then u should get in touch with UKVI.