ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BANK STATEMENT

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pondy
Newly Registered

BANK STATEMENT

Post by pondy » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:03 pm

dear friends,
my uk visa got refused because of salary slip and bank statement.
previously i was employed in syria ,so there is no international banking where i can regularly transfer my salary. so i used to send money with my friends where my father convert and deposit in his domestic account/.
so i am thinking to submit my bank account as well my fathers account.
can anyone guide me properly so that my visa will be processed and approved

ALSO IF TWICE APPLICATION IS REFUSED,IS THERE ANY 3 YEARS RESTRICTIONTO TRAVEL TO UK

PounceQuick

Post by PounceQuick » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:49 am

Hmm, my gut feel is that your application will be rejected again. Think about it from the case worker point of view. How would he/she confirm that you earn what you said you earn. Having this bank account setup will not be convincing enough.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:12 am

Did you use to get your salary in cash? If bank account is a problem then why do not you provide the primary evidence i.e. just the Income Tax return & the Salary slips?

In absence of these two, you will have to provide the your Bank Statements & Letter from the employer, without which your application will not be approved :(

pondy
Newly Registered

Post by pondy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:55 am

all my docs been approved and i got HSMP pre approval from uk.
the entry clearance officer in chennai made refusal.
i given wage slip,employer statement and bank statement.i fell either of these 2 is sufficient.
also i will get affidavit from notary public saying i am the only son and earning member of the family.
then i will attach mine as well my fathers bank account

Navas

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:23 pm

How do U convince them that the money in your dad Bank a/c is earned by you and not your dad salary ??

Pantaiema
pondy wrote:all my docs been approved and i got HSMP pre approval from uk.
i given wage slip,employer statement and bank statement.i fell either of these 2 is sufficient.
also i will get affidavit from notary public saying i am the only son and earning member of the family.

Navas

pondy
Newly Registered

Post by pondy » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:22 pm

I can show my fathers retirement certificate of 1998 and say that i am the only earning memebers in the family.
is there any other way .please guide me

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:51 pm

Did the EC application refusal specifically and solely refer to insufficient demonstration of earnings eligibility ?

Trying to prove a negative (ie that no one else in your family is working, apart from yourself) will not be good enough, since it does not mean, in inconvtrovertible terms, that those earnings were yours and derived from the stated source. Was that salary certificate from your employer sufficiently comprehensive? Perhaps you can get the employer to write a letter explicitly confirming your earnings for the period for which you're to claim income, to correspond exactly with your signed/stamped/original payslips.

I assume there's no employer-issued tax return in Syria, more's the pity. And if you can't show bank statements in your name into which your salary is being paid directly (with proper notation of those deposits), then don't submit them. Your convoluted personal banking confuses matters endlessly and can only have cast doubt on the veracity of the entire application.

AG

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:38 pm

Here is from application form:
Salaried earnings – required evidence:
You should provide both of the following pieces of evidence.
Q33. Income Tax return covering period claimed
Q34. Original wage slips covering period claimed

If not ask for exceptional circumstance and submit:
Q35. Bank statements covering the period claimed
Q36. Letter from the employer stating salary as

From the above your eveidence is too weak, I believe. U do not have ITR, your bank statement is your father name. Rememebr someone retire might still get income retirement, insurance, etc.

Pantaiema

pondy wrote:all my docs been approved and i got HSMP pre approval from uk.

Navas

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:41 pm

If they accept this evidence than anybody working as domestic worker in Syria might claim point for earning:
1. U do not need to show tax certificate (as u said no tax there)
2. Claim your father, mother, brother etc, income as your income ?

That is probably will come in mind from embasy, does it make sense ??

Pantaiema.

pondy wrote:I can show my fathers retirement certificate of 1998 and say that i am the only earning memebers in the family.
is there any other way .please guide me

pondy
Newly Registered

Post by pondy » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:27 pm

The refusal says that there are no bank statement showing regular deposit of salary in my account.
thats true because there is no mean for regular salary transfer as there is no international banking.

so i send money with my friends where my father gets deposited in his accounts.
hence i thought pf correlating my fathers account as my fund,which is true.

after ur email just i thought to deposit 5000 in my NRE ACCOUNT whoch accoints about 12000 dollar as transaction in my account and also matches the salary.

by doing this the visa officer will accept.

kindly guide me

gordon wrote:Did the EC application refusal specifically and solely refer to insufficient demonstration of earnings eligibility ?

Trying to prove a negative (ie that no one else in your family is working, apart from yourself) will not be good enough, since it does not mean, in inconvtrovertible terms, that those earnings were yours and derived from the stated source. Was that salary certificate from your employer sufficiently comprehensive? Perhaps you can get the employer to write a letter explicitly confirming your earnings for the period for which you're to claim income, to correspond exactly with your signed/stamped/original payslips.

I assume there's no employer-issued tax return in Syria, more's the pity. And if you can't show bank statements in your name into which your salary is being paid directly (with proper notation of those deposits), then don't submit them. Your convoluted personal banking confuses matters endlessly and can only have cast doubt on the veracity of the entire application.

AG

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:43 pm

What a coil. But it's not clear what you did submit; did you submit payslips and the employer's statement? If that statement wasn't comprehensive, perhaps that's why the ECO looked for bank statements (and in your case, that can't have been an encouraging sight for the ECO). How did your employer disburse salary to you? EVen if there is no international banking, surely there was in-country banking. Is there no way to document the earnings before they were remitted to your family abroad? What sorts of documents can/does your employer issue to document (taxable) earnings?

As others have indicated, your best way forward is with the payslips and some solid documentation from your employer. (And you've still not said anything about tax documents, which would be much more credible, by far.)

And forget the bank statements, unless you have a bank account in Syria into which the earnings were deposited. The accounts in the home country are entirely irrelevant as they are not in your name anyway and you've remitted the money in precisely a way that precludes and breaks any direct paper trail.

AG

pondy
Newly Registered

Post by pondy » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:35 am

dear sir,
i have NRE bank account as well my father is having savings bank accoun in india.

i am indian nattional and worked in syria for 7years.
the syrian local banks are only for domestic no international transaction.
there is no tax system .the salary handovered as a dollar cash.
i submitted bank statement,wageslip & employer statement.
as the EC need omly 6 month statement, i am thinking to deposit anothr 5000 dollars in my NRE account,so the total amount deposited in my NRE accounts to 12000 dollars which tally with my salary.
is it acceptable.guide me

quote="gordon"]What a coil. But it's not clear what you did submit; did you submit payslips and the employer's statement? If that statement wasn't comprehensive, perhaps that's why the ECO looked for bank statements (and in your case, that can't have been an encouraging sight for the ECO). How did your employer disburse salary to you? EVen if there is no international banking, surely there was in-country banking. Is there no way to document the earnings before they were remitted to your family abroad? What sorts of documents can/does your employer issue to document (taxable) earnings?

As others have indicated, your best way forward is with the payslips and some solid documentation from your employer. (And you've still not said anything about tax documents, which would be much more credible, by far.)

And forget the bank statements, unless you have a bank account in Syria into which the earnings were deposited. The accounts in the home country are entirely irrelevant as they are not in your name anyway and you've remitted the money in precisely a way that precludes and breaks any direct paper trail.

AG[/quote]

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:40 pm

What a massive coincidence, I would have thought ...
According to the guidance the decision is made based on what they believe. U might by right but if they do not believe it that is it. Evidence have shown that people will not get the benefit of the doubt.

But you could always try it

Panataiema
pondy wrote:dear sir,
i have NRE bank account as well my father is having savings bank accoun in india.

i am indian nattional and worked in syria for 7years.
the syrian local banks are only for domestic no international transaction.
there is no tax system .the salary handovered as a dollar cash.
i submitted bank statement,wageslip & employer statement.
as the EC need omly 6 month statement, i am thinking to deposit anothr 5000 dollars in my NRE account,so the total amount deposited in my NRE accounts to 12000 dollars which tally with my salary.
is it acceptable.guide me

quote="gordon"]What a coil. But it's not clear what you did submit; did you submit payslips and the employer's statement? If that statement wasn't comprehensive, perhaps that's why the ECO looked for bank statements (and in your case, that can't have been an encouraging sight for the ECO). How did your employer disburse salary to you? EVen if there is no international banking, surely there was in-country banking. Is there no way to document the earnings before they were remitted to your family abroad? What sorts of documents can/does your employer issue to document (taxable) earnings?

AG
[/quote]

gordon

Post by gordon » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:48 pm

pondy

Your comments seem to conflate two separate issues in the EC process:
1. showing that you meet the HSMP eligibility criteria (earnings, degrees, age, etc)
2. showing that you have adequate funds to avoid recourse to public funds following your arrival in the UK

Moving funds into your NRE account would be fine for the second purpose (assuming that the ECO is convinced that the funds are yours and portable to the UK), but it's not going to serve to demonstrate the first purpose. But your previous posts had suggested that your EC application had been refused on the grounds of the first (ie bank statements over the earnings period claimed), rather than the second.

AG

pondy
Newly Registered

Post by pondy » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:39 pm

Dear friends,
tomorrow afternoon i am planning to submit the application with all my above discussed points. kindly guide me to get my visa approved.
thanking you