ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife's spouse visa finishing

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aziqbal

Wife's spouse visa finishing

Post by aziqbal » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:56 pm

Hi my wife's spouse visa is due to expire in a few months and her English language test date is for 6 weeks away it's the IETLS test and the results come after a further 3 week which is 9 weeks but by that time the spouse visa is expire what should I do?

Also when you do the IETLS test do you have to pass all four sections at B1 4.0 grade or just the reading and speaking? I was told before the writing and reading doesn't count is is true?
25/04/2011 applied 15/07/2011 Refused
28/09/2011 Acknowledgement Letter received
13/04/2012 Court hearing decision overturned
25/05/12 Call letter recieved
30/05/12 Passport submitted
08/06/12 Passport stamped and returned

WR1

Re: Wife's spouse visa finishing

Post by WR1 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:08 pm

Can you not book the test any sooner or failing that, an alternative test such as ESOL Entry Level 3.

You only need to satisfy the Speaking and Listening elements but with IELTS you do all four elements as that is how the exams are structured. Take something like ESOL where you only need to sit Speaking and Listening.

Failing all else, if you cannot apply for settlement in time, you would need to extend the visa using form FLR(M).
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

aziqbal

Re: Wife's spouse visa finishing

Post by aziqbal » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:17 pm

WR1 wrote:Can you not book the test any sooner or failing that, an alternative test such as ESOL Entry Level 3.

You only need to satisfy the Speaking and Listening elements but with IELTS you do all four elements as that is how the exams are structured. Take something like ESOL where you only need to sit Speaking and Listening.

Failing all else, if you cannot apply for settlement in time, you would need to extend the visa using form FLR(M).
Thanks I know now this forum is too good

I just called the Trinity college and they gave a date for the ESOL test only listening and speaking in 13 days time from today it's only £125 IETLS is £135 but my cancelation of IELTS cost me a £20 admin fee so I get back £115 so only really £10 out of pocket but I think it's saved the day

Plus ESOL is now going every week in Glasgow centre and result comes there and then although certificate takes up to 14 days still much better than IETLS that takes 21 days and you don't get result straight away so the nervous wait

So to help anyone else reading this please do not book IETLS do the ESOL with Trinity college the actual test is called Trinity GESE Grade 5 this is for Settlement / ILR / Naturalisation (Citizenship))
And I called UKBA and they said its a approved test

It's only a 10 minute speaking and listening it's cheaper and you get results quicker

Again WR1 thanks so much really helped me out man!
25/04/2011 applied 15/07/2011 Refused
28/09/2011 Acknowledgement Letter received
13/04/2012 Court hearing decision overturned
25/05/12 Call letter recieved
30/05/12 Passport submitted
08/06/12 Passport stamped and returned