ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

letter of invitaion from brother or friend?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abc_hsmp
Newly Registered

letter of invitaion from brother or friend?

Post by abc_hsmp » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:34 pm

I am willing to apply for Visitor visa next month. I wish to visit my brother and a close friend in US. My problem is in july 2002 , I applied for student visa from India and was refused since my brother sponsered me and the officer said that I had my brother in US so I have a permanent residence abroad. Now I am on hsmp in UK and wish to visit US for 2 weeks holiday.

I am worried if I tell immigration officer that I am visiting my brother they may say the same thing and may refuse visa again. Instead, can I have invitation letter from my friend and tell them that I am just visiting friend for holiday and I will stay at his residence while my stay.

Is there any possibilty visa officer may check my brother is still in US. Though, my student visa was refused from delhi and I have been living in UK since then. Which is the better reason, taking an invitation letter from brother or from friend?

Can I also write in DS 156 form where it ask if I have any blood relation living in US. Can I say no there? So that it does not show my any kind of ties or connection to US.

Please advise!

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Re: letter of invitaion from brother or friend?

Post by Marco 72 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:09 am

abc_hsmp wrote:Can I also write in DS 156 form where it ask if I have any blood relation living in US. Can I say no there? So that it does not show my any kind of ties or connection to US.
Please advise!
I wouldn't risk it. Attempting to procure a visa by misrepresentation is considered immigration fraud. You could find yourself banned from the US.

abc_hsmp
Newly Registered

Post by abc_hsmp » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:26 pm

thanks for reply. I got the answer. i wouldn't want to do that either . it just some friends asked me not to mention it. I rather prefer to be true.