ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few Questions - ILR (Letter/Leave/BRP). TIA!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Simplyhuman

Few Questions - ILR (Letter/Leave/BRP). TIA!

Post by Simplyhuman » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:23 pm

Hi there,

I had some questions with regards to ILR after I've gone through the form SET(O) and the related guidance. I qualify in a couple of months time after my 5 continuous years on Tier2 General and plan to apply soon.

I hope someone can answer these and provide me the needed info please? Thanks in advance !

Questions are:

Letter from employer for Annual Leave
  • Is this a must if I have only taken annual leave and it was paid leave and I can provide the proof with the pay slips showing that?
  • With regards to the employer letter providing the evidence for all annual leave, when applying for ILR, I was wondering what if an employer from the first 2 years of the total 5 year period doesn't exist anymore? Where can this letter be then obtained from? What can an applicant provide in a situation Iike this where one employer from the past years is not there anymore?
Biometrics/BRP -
  • I already have a BRP (biometric residence permit) since 2012 when I switched employers and got my fresh Tier 2 General with the new employer; my question is, will I need to do all this again when I apply for ILR in the next couple of months? I didn't really find much info around this to be not applicable in my case. One would think why do I need to do this again?
Thanks for looking at this and for your input/replies to these questions.

Regards

Simplyhuman

Re: Few Questions - ILR (Letter/Leave/BRP). TIA!

Post by Simplyhuman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:39 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering if any answers to the questions out there plz?

Thanks