ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 - 6 months?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pg2007
Newly Registered

EEA2 - 6 months?

Post by pg2007 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:16 pm

Hello, I just found this forum a few days ago…

I'm Italian and my wife is argentinian, and we've been living in London since December last year after getting married in Buenos Aires.

Before traveling to London, she got a 6-month Entry Clearance from the UK Embassy in Buenos Aires (Argentina).
Immediately after arriving we sent an EEA2 application form to the Home Office (received by them on the 29th December - but our letter does not have a reference number!). As it was not mandatory, I did not apply for a Residence Card under the EEA1.

Would the EEA1 make the process quicker?
Considering that our evidence (marriage certificate, my work contract, payslips, etc) is still in the Home Office, could I apply for an EEA1 personally now?

As far as I know the HO has the right to take 6 months to decide the application? We have been waiting for 6 months now and we need to travel outside UK in less than 20 days.
Do you recommend to send a complaint letter to accelerate the process/completion? Could that help somehow?

Many thanks in advance.
Kind regards,
Pablo

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:17 pm

Applying for the Residence Permit for you with the EEA1 will only speed up the application had you both applied together while your wife applied with the EEA2. No point applying for it now.

Its impossible that you do not have a reference number for your wife's EEA2 case as it should clearly be on the first page of the 'Certificate of Application' that the HO would have send when you applied. You can try and contact the HO and ask about the progress of the application and remind them that they are past the 6 month deadline and also ask them what is to be done.

Also, You are entitled to ask for your and your wife's passport back for the purpose of travelling and this should not invalidate your application. But do bear in mind that your wife might have to get the EEA family Permit if the has to re-enter the UK after the trip.
Jabi

pg2007
Newly Registered

Post by pg2007 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:03 pm

Jabi,

Thanks for your prompt response.
I do not kidding...our 'Certificate of Application' arrived without a reference number.

No problem with my italian passport...due to some business trips I have requested and received it a month ago.

However I'm not sure what you mean with your last paragraph (quoted below).
If we ask for her passport and we travel just for 6 days...Will she be allowed to re-enter showing that her application is still under consideration and showing her Certificate of Application?

Thanks again!

Kind regards,
Pablo
Docterror wrote:
Also, You are entitled to ask for your and your wife's passport back for the purpose of travelling and this should not invalidate your application. But do bear in mind that your wife might have to get the EEA family Permit if the has to re-enter the UK after the trip.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:13 pm

It really is odd that you do not have a Reference number for your case. How is the HO supposed to know which case they are handling without one?

The standard letter that you get from the HO when you request the passport back will say that your wife will have to apply for the EEA Family Permit (EEAFP) in the British Diplomatic Post abroad if she wants to re-enter the UK and the existing EEAFP has expired. Fortunately, since your wife is an Argentanian and hence a non-visa national, the letter that your application is pending should suffice at the Port of Entry. Best of luck and keep your fingers crossed.
Jabi

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:33 pm

Docterror wrote:Its impossible that you do not have a reference number for your wife's EEA2 case as it should clearly be on the first page of the 'Certificate of Application' that the HO would have send when you applied.
Nothing is impossible in the HO. And indeed, my Certificate of Application does not have a reference number either. I think their bureaucracy is slowly disintegrating.

pg2007
Newly Registered

Post by pg2007 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:04 am

Thanks guys!
I called the HO today and at least I got the Royal Mail reference number...
so I'm now ready for writing the letter asking to speed up my application.
We need to travel in 15 days and we are running out of time.
Have you got any template for this kind of letter??
I found quite difficult to use the right words in a concisely and friendly english manner...
Thanks again for your help on this.

Kind regards,
Pablo

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:25 am

If they gave you a royal mail number I would assume that the documents are in the mail (via registered mail) and on the way to you.

You might want to check the Royal Mail siite with the reference number you got.

pg2007
Newly Registered

Post by pg2007 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:10 am

dsab85,

Unfortunately, the Royal M ref number corresponde to my original mail (application + documents) sent last year

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:45 pm

Someone has put a model on this page. I hope this helps!

http://www.easyexpat.com/forums/ntopic_12698.htm