ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application English language req.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fkhoja
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Application English language req.

Post by fkhoja » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:56 pm

Hi all,

Need of an urgent advise from you, would really appreciate your response.
I am applying for Naturalisation in two weeks time and I have few qquestions with regards to completing the form, please let me know if you have any details. Firstly, I have came in the UK initially in Sep 2004 on student visa, then i got HSMP in July 2008. Secondly I have done my Masters from London South bank University which is listed on PBS calculator but not sure if i need to deem the Enalish qualification from Naric on this basis as the form doesn't have any relevant options to select and i am confuse. Please help.

Q1: From below what option i should be chossing under section 1.22 of section KoLLUK
> I hacve a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an quuivalent level of qualificationl OR
> I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK Naric to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelors or Masters degree in the UK and:
>> UK Naric has confirmed that the qualification was taught in English; Or
>> the qualification was taight or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country
From the above options which one i should be chossing and do i need to deem my qualification from Naric even though its listed in the PBS calculator for teirs sections?

Q2: Date and place of first arrival in the UK section 2.1 what is the date i should be entering here Sep 004 on the basis of Student or July 2008 on the basis of HSMP?

Please do responsd as that would really help..... thanks in advance.

Regards - FK

SouthWest1

Re: Naturalisation Application English language req.

Post by SouthWest1 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:33 pm

fkhoja wrote:Hi all,

Need of an urgent advise from you, would really appreciate your response.
I am applying for Naturalisation in two weeks time and I have few qquestions with regards to completing the form, please let me know if you have any details. Firstly, I have came in the UK initially in Sep 2004 on student visa, then i got HSMP in July 2008. Secondly I have done my Masters from London South bank University which is listed on PBS calculator but not sure if i need to deem the Enalish qualification from Naric on this basis as the form doesn't have any relevant options to select and i am confuse. Please help.

Q1: From below what option i should be chossing under section 1.22 of section KoLLUK
> I hacve a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an quuivalent level of qualificationl OR
> I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK Naric to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelors or Masters degree in the UK and:
>> UK Naric has confirmed that the qualification was taught in English; Or
>> the qualification was taight or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country

no need for NARIC confirmation. just add your certificate with the application.

Q2: Date and place of first arrival in the UK section 2.1 what is the date i should be entering here Sep 004 on the basis of Student or July 2008 on the basis of HSMP?

HSMP as the student visa is irrelevant here

Please do responsd as that would really help..... thanks in advance.

Regards - FK
answers are highlighted in red

fkhoja
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation Application English language req.

Post by fkhoja » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:23 pm

This is very helpful - thank you Southwest1