ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Continuous period with one year outside UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sri5823
Newly Registered

Continuous period with one year outside UK

Post by sri5823 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:56 am

Hi Guys
This may be a little strange. I am applying for ILR this June. So your replies around this would be highly appreciated and beneficial as I have a strange case. my HSMP started in Jan-2008 and converted to Tier 1 General in Jan-2010 till Jan-2013. But in 2010 I worked for an year in Rotterdam, Netherlands and was back to the UK in 2011. I split my last 5 years such that my number of absences are as per below
15-Jun-14 to 16-Jun-13: 20 Days
15-Jun-13 to 16-Jun-12: 25 Days
15-Jun-12 to 16-Jun-11: 15 Days
15-Jun-11 to 16-Jun-10: 156 Days
15-Jun-10 to 16-Jun-09: 135 Days.

I am well within the 180 days for continuity but the last 2 years had more number of leaves than you would normally expect as I worked outside. I can't get a letter from my company as I was not paying any NI or taxes here in the UK. Are there chances that I can get the ILR.

Thanks

sri5823
Newly Registered

Re: Continuous period with one year outside UK

Post by sri5823 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:23 pm

Hi Guys
This is me again. In the SET(O) application, under the section 7.11 which asks -
1. How long have you lived in the UK ? (7 Years and 8 Months).
Please provide details of any periods of absence of more than 6 months during that time.

My question is how will they treat the absences mentioned in this section. Is there any thing written or anybody come across this situation please shed some light.

Thanks again.

sri5823
Newly Registered

Post by sri5823 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:12 am

Got my ILR on Friday with no face to face interview. Everything was done in an hour an half or so while I had my coffee. Hope this helps someone who has worked outside UK in Europe and returned but still complied with the 180-day rule.

To be honest one of the lawyers refused to take up my case as he said I had more leaves outside UK and was actually working there. But i still decided to apply as I complied with the 180-day rule. I could only produce a letter from my current company about the number of leaves paid annual leaves. My previous employer gave me a letter that I worked there but did not want to mention the paid leaves and asked me to use the original contract. I didn't have the contract either.
Then the company I worked for in Europe didn't give me any letter either. So I mentioned only in the covering letter that I worked in Europe. I think the 180-day rule is most important and provided you comply with all other things you should be able to get the ILR easily.

Thanks

susan0x

Post by susan0x » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:19 am

Contrats Sri,

Could you please publish the letters from your employers and cover letter as well so that others can take the advantage of your experiance.

thanks

UKVisit
India

Post by UKVisit » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:02 pm

Congrats Sri !

Just wondering where did you visit for ILR?

Thanks
Manish

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:30 pm

sri5823 wrote:Got my ILR on Friday with no face to face interview. Everything was done in an hour an half or so while I had my coffee. Hope this helps someone who has worked outside UK in Europe and returned but still complied with the 180-day rule.

To be honest one of the lawyers refused to take up my case as he said I had more leaves outside UK and was actually working there. But i still decided to apply as I complied with the 180-day rule. I could only produce a letter from my current company about the number of leaves paid annual leaves. My previous employer gave me a letter that I worked there but did not want to mention the paid leaves and asked me to use the original contract. I didn't have the contract either.
Then the company I worked for in Europe didn't give me any letter either. So I mentioned only in the covering letter that I worked in Europe. I think the 180-day rule is most important and provided you comply with all other things you should be able to get the ILR easily.

Thanks
Congrats mate. Can you kindly tell me the exact dates where you were out of uk. I am mainly interested in anything from Jan 2009 to June 2011. It will really help me in making my decision of ilr illegibility. My case is explained here. In summary I was away for almost 270 days in a single stretch and if i split this (150+120), I will be away for almost 150 days at the start of my 1st year.
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.