ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to bring my daughter to UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nachiket111
Newly Registered

How to bring my daughter to UK

Post by nachiket111 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:53 pm

Hi guys

My daughter was born abroad in May 2014. At that time me and my wife had our ILR permanent residence. Two weeks later I went through the citizenship ceremony and became british citizen.

Now I would like to bring our daughter back to UK as my wife and I live here permanently. As I can see she is not getting British citizenship automatically as I was on ILR when she was born.

Can you advise me what options we have? Get here ILE entry clearance and register for BC when in the UK. Or we can register here as BC abroad and apply for her british passport abroad?

Your help and ideas are highly appreciated.

Thank you

nachiket111
Newly Registered

Re: How to bring my daughter to UK

Post by nachiket111 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:36 am

Guys any ideas on the topic?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:05 am

Complete VAF4A (click), Appendix 1 (click) and SU07/12 (click).

Once she's here, she can be registered as British (3(1)).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

nachiket111
Newly Registered

Post by nachiket111 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:41 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Do you think it is impossible to apply for registration as british on 3(1) from abroad?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:58 pm

It'll be refused.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

nachiket111
Newly Registered

Post by nachiket111 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:45 pm

Yes I think the application might be refused.

Just spoke to home office senior advisor. She said I could apply for citizenship using MN1 from abroad but she was just reading the Guide to MN1 and didn't sound really confident :( Would be interesting to see if anyone tried that before?

In the mean time it looks like I have to spend extra 886 pounds for settlement visa.

Can you guys update on settlement visa timelines if applied from abroad?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:23 pm

I wouldn't pay the helpline much attention, they're seldom right. ILE for children is a relatively fast process.

lmkanuri
Newly Registered

Post by lmkanuri » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:13 pm

Hi

Is your daughter born in india ? Just wanted to know on how did you apply for indian passport for your daughter?

My child was born in india recently before my citizenship. When my wife applied for my child's passport she was asked to provide aan affidavit from indian embassy abroad stating that i am in UK. Since I became naturalized recently i dont know whether i can get affadavit,

nachiket111
Newly Registered

Post by nachiket111 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:11 pm

Amber_ thanks very much for your replies.

I will apply for ILE and when in UK for citezenship.

My wife and daughter are not in India so I cann't help you on passport issue sorry.

nachiket111
Newly Registered

Post by nachiket111 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:08 am

Hi everyone again

I've started filling Vaf4 application form for my daughter. I am British Citizen now, but I haven't applied for Passport yet (because of crazy backlog in passport office) I would like to come to my home country apply my daughter for visa and then get myself British passport. The question is should I mention my citizenship in the form as I have only naturalisation certificate or I'd better apply as settled person with ILR?

Thank you very much for your advice.

nachiket111
Newly Registered

Post by nachiket111 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:33 am

Dear _Amber, thank you very much for your help on this forum. It is really highly appreciated.

Regarding my current question on appendix 1 it is really confusing to read a statement "Do not complete this part if you are applying as the child of settled parent(s) with limited leave". I don't understand how it is possible to be settled with limited leave.

Can anybody suggest if part 1 of appendix 1 needs to be filled for child of settled parents with ILR?

Thank you

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:40 am

Where both parents are settled/British, Appendix 1 needs to be completed as per below.

nachiket111
Newly Registered

Post by nachiket111 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:10 pm

I understand that appendix 1 needs to be completed. The question is do I need to complete part 1? :)
As it states that child of settled parents with limited leave does not need to complete.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:47 pm

Yes you'll need to complete it as your child doesn't have limited leave to remain in the UK does s(he)?

nachiket111
Newly Registered

Post by nachiket111 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:48 pm

Thanks very much _Amber. I can see now what they mean.
Thank you once again

wasnav

Post by wasnav » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:18 am

nachiket111 wrote:Hi guys

My daughter was born abroad in May 2014. At that time me and my wife had our ILR permanent residence. Two weeks later I went through the citizenship ceremony and became british citizen.

Now I would like to bring our daughter back to UK as my wife and I live here permanently. As I can see she is not getting British citizenship automatically as I was on ILR when she was born.

Can you advise me what options we have? Get here ILE entry clearance and register for BC when in the UK. Or we can register here as BC abroad and apply for her british passport abroad?

Your help and ideas are highly appreciated.

Thank you
Have you got your daughter's visa yet? i guess i'll have to face the same situation as my daughter is born in pakistan and my husband has applied for naturalisation which is under process. my visa is also under process. isnt applying family visit visa an option for child? and then applying for british citizenship when in uk?