ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child professional reference?!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

specificus1
Newly Registered

Child professional reference?!

Post by specificus1 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:50 am

Hi all,

I thought I was clear on this, but just re-reading the check list the Bracknell NCS sent me, they require 1 child's referee that have engaged PROFESSIONALLY with a child. But we don't have such referee that would have known the child for 3 years, he is only 3! So I have used same referees as mine, who are both friends of the family, both professional (an accountant and a director of an LTD), and both British.

The only professional person for my child's reference I can think of is his childminder but childminders are not on the list of professions, and she had only known him for 1 year.

Opinions please? Should I still go ahead with the application? Or use the childminder as reference?

CONFUSED DOT COM

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Re: Child professional reference?!

Post by go2khurram » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:56 am

Not necessarily referee need to engaged PROFESSIONALLY with the applicant.

You can ask childminder, GP or any professional... I have learner on members experience that home office not strict on referee particularly for minor applicants.
*please do not take this as professional advice**

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:59 pm

For such young children they are not very strict. For my son we used a family friend who is also a childminder and it went smoothly. He was a little less than 3 so there is no chance anyone could have known him for 3 years :-) Don't stress too much about it, your references should be fine.

specificus1
Newly Registered

Post by specificus1 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:29 pm

Thanks for your feedback guys - reporting back after today's visit to Bracknell Council.

I decided to go in as is, and the registrar said that although having two of my friends as my son's referees (British, professional) would be fine, I would need to explain why there isn't a referee who'd known my child professionally in the 'other information' section. It is better if there was a professional referee, and they don't have to know my son for 3 years, any number of years is enough, and even though the childminder isn't on the list of professionals they would be fine too. So she asked me to fill in an additional page with his photograph and just one reference from my son's childminder, and bring it back. Which I did.