ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

azaam
Newly Registered

ILR for spouse

Post by azaam » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:43 am

[quote][/quote]Dear all

My friend's ILR is due in April 2015. He currently on tier 1 general rout and will apply after the completion of his five years. His wife came in November 2011. In august 2013 she went back home and spent 100 days in a row. So the questions is that would she be able to apply for ILR with her husband in April 2015? Will this 100 days absence be count towards her ILR ? Or she needs any genuine reason to produce or she needs to wait ? Any suggestion
Will be appreciated .

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for spouse

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:02 pm

Did her leave expire whilst abroad?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

azaam
Newly Registered

Post by azaam » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:53 am

No... Her leave is valid. The only issue is the more than 90 days absencse In one year. Basic question is that would she be eligible to apply for ILR with her husband next year?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:30 am

What's 90 day absence got to do with anything?

Absences should be limited and for good reason. Also, proof of a subsisting relationship would be beneficial.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

azaam
Newly Registered

Post by azaam » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:58 am

Sorry, did not understand .... Simple is that would the more than 90 days absence be a problem when applying ILR as dependent of tier 1 general next year or not

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:33 pm

Amber_ wrote:What's 90 day absence got to do with anything?

Absences should be limited and for good reason. Also, proof of a subsisting relationship would be beneficial.