ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET (O) Success at PEO Sheffield today

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mark_b

ILR SET (O) Success at PEO Sheffield today

Post by mark_b » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:35 pm

Hi Guys,

First off, thanks to everyone that contributes on here and shares important information that helped me to get my ILR aproved today. I'll give you a brief run down of what to expect in Sheffield and the docs I submitted.

Getting there:

Its easy to find and there is a all day car park in Bridge Street for £3.50. I actually parked in the car park opposite the PEO as its more secure but double the price at £7.

PEO:
You have to go through security like at an airport removing items and going through a scanner. Very friendly secuirty and you are ask to go into the waiting area and to reception. At reception they ask for the booking letter, payment sheet and then they do a quick check of SET O form. Then you hand over supporting docs and get a ticket number. You then go to the waiting area which consists of sofa type seats. Its a fairly small waiting area but comfortable and modern. You can use ipod/ipads etc but your mobile must be off. You can monitor the stage of your app on the flat screen tv's.

Stage 1 - Awaiting registration
Stage 2 - Awaiting biometrics
Stage 3 - Under consideration

After we had entered we waited about 40 mins for biometrics to be taken. About 1hr 20 we got called and the case worker said ILR had been approved! About 2 hours in total start to finish! Very friendly staff and professional.

I was on Tier 1 G for 5 years with my dependant on 5 years too. Documents we submitted were the following:

Application Form SET(O) x1
Passports x2
BRP's x2
Photographs x4 (make sure these are taken in the last month)
Covering Letter x1
Application payment sheet x1
PEO booking email x1
Life in UK pass letter x2
Degree certficates x2
Points calculator printout x2
University letter that degree was taught in English x2
Employer absence Letter x2
Payslips x12
Bank Statements x12
P60's x5
Co-habitation - x24 months bank statements (joint), x2 Council Tax (joint), mortgage letter (joint), x6 Other bank statements (joint) , x2 Poll card (single name)

For dependant english language my partner had a degree. I used the points calculator selecting tier 1 G and only selected the degree and didnt worry about the points scoring sections. It gave her 30 points for degree and 10 for English language. I also asked the University for a letter for the both of us to say the degree was taught in English.

For co-hab docs I followed the SET (M) as a guide line as there aren't many details for SET (O).

I made copies of all the docs except the app form and placed them in seperate plastic sleeves. I seperated out the copies so for example I had a plastic sleeve for payslips (orginals) and a plastic sleeve for payslips (copies). Makes it much easier and case worker said its appreciated.

Good luck everyone! :)