ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

schengen visa for spouse of British citizen

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

charmi
Newly Registered

schengen visa for spouse of British citizen

Post by charmi » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:04 pm

hi all... i am a spouse of british citizen... me and my husband are planning to visit europe....i am going to apply for schengen visa as i am not the permanent resident of uk... can anyone pls tell me that which country gives the longest and multiple entry visa to visit schengen area ??

Thank you :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: schengen visa for spouse of British citizen

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:33 pm

If it is your first Schengen visa, it is probably unlikely that you will get a long term muliple entry visa. I didn't, my visa was only valid for the duration of my holiday.

As spouse of BC, your visa should be issued free of charge (except for the VFS handling fee) provided all your paperwork is in order etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

charmi
Newly Registered

Post by charmi » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:24 pm

thank you !!

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:05 am

my friend's spouse received 5 year visa from the french embassy. (it was first schengen visa application and current status spouse of a british citizen in the UK on 33 month limited leave to remain)

Donutz

Post by Donutz » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:54 pm

CR001 wrote:If it is your first Schengen visa, it is probably unlikely that you will get a long term muliple entry visa. I didn't, my visa was only valid for the duration of my holiday.

As spouse of BC, your visa should be issued free of charge (except for the VFS handling fee) provided all your paperwork is in order etc.
You can save yourself a handling fee by not going to the entirely optional external service provider (VFS, TLS, ...). Though sadly not all embassies state that that it is optional, some even only direct only to the external provider even though under the Schengen Visa Code, article 17.5, they MUST inform people that they can at all times make a direct application and contact with the embassy. If "your" embassy does not inform you about direct applications and appointments, complain with the EU Commission (Home Affairs)!