ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Advise

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Escaped
Newly Registered

Need Advise

Post by Escaped » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:29 pm

Dear All,
Can someone shed some light below.

I have got ILR in this march on 10 yearlong residency basics. Now i wanted to bring my wife and 2 kids age 6&2 to join me. Can you please tell me they can apply for naturalisation once they are in UK or do they have to wait.

kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Need Advise

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:05 am

They will have to wait as they don't qualify for citizenship.

You need to apply on VAF4A for your family to join you. There is a financial requirement that you need to meet and your wife needs to do English Level A1. Initial visa will be granted for 2.5 years after which they will have to renew the visa on FLR(M) for another 2.5 years and meet the same financial and English requirement. After 5 years residence, the can apply for ILR on SET(M), meeting the requirements again.

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/eligibility
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Escaped
Newly Registered

Post by Escaped » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:24 am

Thanks for your reply one more things do kids have to wait for 5 year as well.

Regrds

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:56 am

If they were born abroad, then yes, I am fairly sure they will have to wait 5 years and apply for ILR at the same time as their mother.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.