ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Status of dependent after ILR is granted to main applicant?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

libby

Status of dependent after ILR is granted to main applicant?

Post by libby » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:35 am

hi guys I know this is a bit early as anything can happen between now and then but i am a bit curious. My mum qualifies for Ilr through long residence around jan 2015 however, I will 6 months after her (currently PBS dependant and over 21). what happens if she gets it before I am eligible to apply? do I have to switch into another category? or would it be better for her to wait until i qualify and we apply together? thanks x

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Status of dependent after ILR is granted to main applica

Post by iworker » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:34 pm

how long have u been here?
How do u think u qualify for ILR. ?
also what visa is she on right now and since how long she has been on this visa?

libby

Post by libby » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:41 pm

i have been here just under 9 years and she's on the entrepreneur visa

libby

Post by libby » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:42 pm

iworker wrote:how long have u been here?
How do u think u qualify for ILR. ?
also what visa is she on right now and since how long she has been on this visa?

i have been here just under 9 years and she's on the entrepreneur visa (since jan 2013)

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:54 pm

libby wrote:hi guys I know this is a bit early as anything can happen between now and then but i am a bit curious. My mum qualifies for Ilr through long residence around jan 2015 however, I will 6 months after her (currently PBS dependant and over 21). what happens if she gets it before I am eligible to apply? do I have to switch into another category? or would it be better for her to wait until i qualify and we apply together? thanks x
firstly, if ever you lose the current status, it will be the moment she is GRANTED her ILR, and as I understand, 10-year applications are not really considered at PEO"s are they? so she will have to apply by post, all things said and done, it may as well be 5-6 months until hers is granted. especially if she pays by cheque, waits a couple of weeks to enroll biometrics when invited, etc

you can apply I think 28 days before eligibility, as a general rule -- and within 28 days of losing your status. so do the math there, essentiallu count backwards 28 days from your eligibility date, at the safest, that is your cut-off, and in a risk-taking mode, even 28 more days before then. If your mother gets ILR granted earlier than that, you need to do something else. (I propose applying for FLR(O) as a dependent of a settled person within 28 days of her being granted ILR, and then vary application to ILR in your own right the moment you are eligible)

keep in mind that qualifying again as her dependant would be very difficult I think given your age, but pending application will extend your legal presense sufficiently for you to make a move.

secondly, when does your tier 1expire? does it not expire until summer? i think it would be quite safer and easier for her to wait and you both to apply at the same time, unless other considerations are involved

if your tier 1 expires before you are eligible, i suggest filing FLR(O) as late as possible before it expires, and asking to have it tied to your mother's pending settlement application to be decided if hers is granted. they are generally able to to that. you may still be able to then stall for time by paying by cheque, taking your biometrics late etc.

but if your tier 1's do not expire in this period i'd not get too creative without need here

the thing is since i dont really think you are eligible for anything else as her dependant, these would all be creative moves to be made only out of desperation.

you can also consider applying on the basis of private life/ no connection to home country instead, but you miss the 1/2 of your life cut off there, and this would be a tough one on the basis of no connection , so again only if as a place holder and at time of great need before you can vary to ILR based on long residence

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:46 pm

since your mther as been on entr from jan 2013, it means your visa is valid till feb 2016.
Your mother can apply for ILR when she completes her 10 years. I think (someone else can confirm) you do not need to be her dependent and can apply for ILR when your 10 years complete. By this virtue, I think you do not need to apply for FLR(M), and can stay on this visa until u reach 10 yrs mark and apply for SET(LR) directly.

libby

Post by libby » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:35 pm

yes you're correct our current visa does not expire until feb 2016 however my mum completes her 10 years in January 2015 while I will complete mine in august or July 2015 {if i follow the 28 days advantage). Might have to persuade her to wait till I complete mine lol, hopefully that 10 years option to settlement still remains but if for some reason its being closed next year or something might be safer to let her apply as I dont want us both to lose out, we've come a loooong way lol. but thanks guys for you replies :D x

libby

Post by libby » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:34 am

hi everyone, sorry am back, still really confused about this, can someone confirm what iworker has said please with regards to my initial post as am getting mixed views :(. thanks

libby

Post by libby » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:36 am

no one?? :(

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:17 am

I think you should be okay. Don't travel if your mother is granted ILR before you. Just apply for SET(LR) when eligible.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.