ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which application form for ILR for wife?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aravindb4u

Which application form for ILR for wife?

Post by aravindb4u » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:42 am

Hi guys,

First of all a big thanks for the guys, moderators and people in this forum for sharing valuable knowledge.
I did a bit of search on this forum but still could not get a clear answer for my doubt and hence the question.

My situation is

1. Tier 1 got on Sep 18 2009
2. Married and wife joined as Tier 1 Dependant in Sep 2011
3. We both extended together around Nov 2012. Me --> Tier 1 extension, My wife --> Tier 1 dep extension

We both are eligible for ILR by end of August 2014 (Have visa till end of Nov 2014). Initially I was planning to apply together for ILR. However, with the increase in fees now (ie both main applicant and dependant pays same fees irrespective of applying together or not), I have decided to apply first and upon successful result planning to apply ILR for my wife.

Assuming my ILR succeeds by end of august, which form should I use for my wife's ILR application.

In UK GOV website they say "Complete application form SET(O) unless you’ve extended your permission using form FLR(M) - if you have you should apply using form SET(M)."

1. My wife have extended her visa as PBS dep, but not using FLR(M). So can she use SET(O) form if she is applying for ILR separately after me?

2. She will be applying for ILR as "dependant of a settled person", so is it still valid to apply using SET (O)?

3. Is there anything else I need to be aware of, while applying separately? (She had passed LIUK, English test and we have all cohabitation docs, etc ready)

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Which application form for ILR for wife?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:58 am

As a PBS dependent, she can only apply on SET(O).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:04 pm

Thanks a lot CR001 !!! Much appreciated.
Its a pity that they increased the fees for dependants irrespective of applying together or not.
So wouldnt want to risk huge money in one go due to any silly mistakes on either of the application.

Anyway thanks for the info.

khanstudent
Newly Registered

Post by khanstudent » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:37 am

Hi CR001,

As you hv mentioned that wife of a pbs dependant has to use form SET(O) , if this is the case than how to fill the form , do we need to mention her as a main applicant and claim points for her or straight away fill dependent section and does public funds such as child tax credit and child benefit can effect her application status. I am a british citizen via hsmp+tier1 + Ilr where my child is british born but applying for wife ilr soon. She got her visa in feb, 2012 but came here in may 2012 and extended her stay in feb, 2013 as to meet 2 years residency criteria in the UK.

I will really appreciate your response

Many thanks,

Javed

london_2014

Post by london_2014 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:08 pm

I have the same query. Can someone help?

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:40 pm

Gurus..can you be sweet as always and help please... I have the same query as well.

Surely my dependant cant claim (as she is not eligible via Point based system) points. So she should apply as dependant using SET O form? is that right? or should she apply as main applicant but not claim points? its getting too tricky here.

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:44 pm

Hey guys I found something in this link if its useful,

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 64573.html