ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried Partner

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dako
Newly Registered

Unmarried Partner

Post by Dako » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:46 pm

Hi forum,
I would like to have advice for my friend.
He applied as an unmarried partner of EEA national.
Applied on EEA2for RC
Almost 3year documents were attached.
There were plenty of utility bills(joint name).
Joint bank and credit card statements.
Tenancy agreements
Friends letter as a witness
Pay slips
P60s
Job letter(she worked all the time)
Loads of pics
His passport
Her ID
But application has been refused.
There is no reason apart from they said, he has fail to demonstrate durable relationship.
Although appeal right is given and appeal has been made on time but they are very upset.
Note.he has adverse immigration history and his passport has been confiscated.
Please advice,what to do next.
Appeal hearing is 29/09/2014
What else they can do to prove durable relationship?

Dako
Newly Registered

Re: Unmarried Partner

Post by Dako » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:44 pm

Plz reply
Any advice

anj03

Post by anj03 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:22 pm

Hi,there
My friend plz d,nt fell wrong but d,nt laying if u really need advice over here u write for my friend its not good say clearly for me no body ask u about your name ,nationality ,race etc etc,any how I give u advice if u or your friend prove three years prove for leaving together then dnt worry its short out in court but I dnt think you get early date from court or you can send them reconsideration request as well but dnt widraw appeal because I did same I appeal the refusal decision and send them reconsideration request as well and then after when I get court date for hearing I call to HO ever week at least two times hope you get some advice from me tc.

Dako
Newly Registered

Post by Dako » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:03 pm

No it's my friend
Can he apply reconsideration and appeal at same time?
What else he can do to prove durable relationship?

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:01 am

It's best to ask for a reconsideration before appealing, as it's Home Office policy that a reconsideration request will not be looked at if there is a pending appeal.

You should know that unmarried partners do not have automatic rights of residence, only spouses do. Member States can admit unmarried partners at their discretion after examining their individual circumstances. The past immigration history of a spouse cannot be held against him (Case C-127/08 Metock), however I'm afraid there is no such protection for extended family such as unmarried partners.

nmpresents
Newly Registered

Post by nmpresents » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:36 pm

Hi,

I have applied in same category on 11/06/2014 and we have two years cohabitation proofs plus have a beautiful baby boy as well alhamdolillah. My previous immigration history is not ideal too. I was expecting bit different outcome but after you experience i am getting little worried too. I can not see anything in your application to be refused. I would be thankful to you if you give me some answers to my question which are in my mind now.
Did you have HO visit to your home if yes then after how long they came after submitting your application?
How long they took to decide your application?
Any interviews?
When did CoA arived?
Did you have right to work in yiur CoA?

Please reply as it will help me allot. thanks