ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RMLT -Switching from Tier2(General) - Tier2(General)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinoit
Mood:
India

RMLT -Switching from Tier2(General) - Tier2(General)

Post by vinoit » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:21 pm

Hi All,
Currently i am holding Tier2(General visa) switched from Tier1(PSW). If i want to switch to new employer does they want to go for Residence Labour Market Test. I know that switching from Tier2(General) to Tier2(General) needs RMLT. But i think there is an exception if the person have or already granted visa under PSW there is no need of taking RMLT. I am not sure about this. But can you guys confirm this please. I am really need of answer for this as i planned to switch employer.
Post-study work
28.8 You do not have to conduct a resident labour market test if a migrant you want to sponsor is
applying for Tier 2 (General) leave in the UK and has, or was last granted leave to enter, or to stay
in the UK under one of the following:
a) Tier 1 (Post-study work)
b) Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur)
c) the International Graduates Scheme
d) the Fresh Talent Working in Scotland Scheme
e) the Science and Engineering Graduates Sc
Link for the guidance - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf

Thanks for your time.

Much Appreciated

rex90

Re: RMLT -Switching from Tier2(General) - Tier2(General)

Post by rex90 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:13 am

Your LAST granted leave to enter has to be PSW in order to be exempt of RLMT. Now you are in Tier 2 already and no longer on PSW so you have to do RLMT. Sorry :(

vinoit
Mood:
India

Re: RMLT -Switching from Tier2(General) - Tier2(General)

Post by vinoit » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:36 am

rex90 wrote:Your LAST granted leave to enter has to be PSW in order to be exempt of RLMT. Now you are in Tier 2 already and no longer on PSW so you have to do RLMT. Sorry :(
Thanks for your response rex90. I feel sad for this :( :( . Anyway thats the rules and we need to follow. :roll: :roll:
Thanks again. :) :)