ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success at Glasgow PEO 17/06/14

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

owen19832006
Newly Registered

Success at Glasgow PEO 17/06/14

Post by owen19832006 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:07 am

Hi All,

First of all just wanted to say thanks to everyone of you for your posts, I've been following the discussions attentively and have to say I found the information very useful.
I wanted to share my experience at Glasgow PEO with you.
I attended today 17/06/14. Arrived at 11 - my appointment was at 11:30 (it is really easy to get to by public Transport - Cessnock Underground and it's literally 2 streets away). Went through security. The staff were extremely friendly and pleasant (the weather was lovely, maybe that had something to do with it?)
The total case processing from start to finish took 3hrs with the registration process beginning roughly around 12. I was on Tier 1 General and Tier 1 Extension under the rules before 2010, single applicant no dependants. Total time on the T1 scheme 4yrs 11months and 21 days. Listed below are the documents I took to the PEO:

Set (O) 06/14
2 x Photos (from Photo-me Booths found at supermarkets across the UK)
12 x Payslips + copies (in company headed paper with the company's stamp)
12 x Bank statements + copies
1 x P60 + copy
1 x Pass Notice for Life in the UK + copy
1 x Original UK University Masters degree + copy**
1 x Original UK University Transcript + copy**
2 x passports + copies of every page and visa ever had
1 x BPR + copy
3 x Letters from employers detailing absences + copies
1 x spreadsheet detailing the absences from UK in both total number of days and whole days + copy (53 days in total over 5 yrs)

**Note these documents are not required as I had submitted them before, but I put them on my pack anyway and so it happened the case worker asked for them.
I took extra stuff (mortgage application, extra bank statement, stuff from previous Tier 1 etc) that I didnt even need, so my advice keep it simple short and sweet and leave the extra stuff home.

I organised everything in 2 packs originals and copies and labelled everything to make it easier for the case worker to locate any document, which he seemed to appreciate and I gave both packs at registration and had a very pleasant conversation the whole process took no longer than 5-7 minutes. He said if they had any questions they would call my number but that it seemed a very straight forward case.

After registration he came out twice to update me on the progress of my application but I never went back to see him again, I didnt have an interview or anything and then my number was called to get my finger prints and biometric photo taken and 20 mins later the screen said documents ready for collection. They called my number within 10 mins of the above and a new case worker advised me that my ILR had been approved and BPR would be sent by post in the next 7 working days.

I would really recommend this PEO, it's clean, the staff are nice and friendly, is not crowded and you CAN use you mobile, tablet or whatever and the coffee is decent enough. I'd suggest to bring a book or crossword puzzle or something to make time go faster and I would recommend to bring a wee sandwich (it's ok to eat in the waiting room and there's nothing nearby unless you go well out into Paisley Road West a few blocks away).

Something to point out: on the form SET (O) 06/14 it asks how long have you been in the UK. I put the total length of time from first ever entry.
Hope this helps!! Good luck everyone!!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Success at Glasgow PEO 17/06/14

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:55 am

Congratulations!
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ssidd

Post by ssidd » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:01 pm

Congratulations!!!

Would you please guide me, I have an appointment next week and I am confused about couple of questions.

6.11 of SET O ask about absence but I think it is for crown dependencies? Any one please correct me if I am wrong.

7.11 of SET O ask about your length of stay in UK, please confirm me that this stay counted from date on which application is based or date of first entry in the UK on any visa?

Kindly guide me.

Thnx
SIDD
Random life is difficult but systematic is much easier!!
SIDD

owen19832006
Newly Registered

Post by owen19832006 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:51 pm

Just wanted to say got the BPR todat 19/06 took 2 working days.

owen19832006
Newly Registered

Post by owen19832006 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:54 pm

6.11 is about Crown dependencies so unless you have lived there i wouldnt put anything in there
7.11 is about your length of stay in the UK, i put from my very first entry .
hope this helps good luck