ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

gurus please need urgent help(maintenance funds)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

qkiyani
Pakistan

gurus please need urgent help(maintenance funds)

Post by qkiyani » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:44 am

hello everyone,

i have an urgent question as i am applying soon for tier 1 entrepreneur visa. for maintenance funds i am showing a active saver account of barclays bank which was opened with my business account.basically its a saving account for my business n someone told me that i can not use this account to show for maintenance as its saving account for business. the statement looks like this

my name ABC
trading as ABC company name

my home address(not business address)

n transactions

so is it ok to send this statement for maintenance??? otherwise i have to wait for another three months for new maintenance statement... need urgent replies please

Member of Standing

Re: gurus please need urgent help(maintenance funds)

Post by 10020132 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:02 pm

saving accounts are fine as it is clearly written in point 161 on page 29 of policy guidance

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Post by cpmlkhan » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:49 am

qkiyani wrote:hello everyone,

i have an urgent question as i am applying soon for tier 1 entrepreneur visa. for maintenance funds i am showing a active saver account of barclays bank which was opened with my business account.basically its a saving account for my business n someone told me that i can not use this account to show for maintenance as its saving account for business. the statement looks like this

my name ABC
trading as ABC company name

my home address(not business address)

n transactions

so is it ok to send this statement for maintenance??? otherwise i have to wait for another three months for new maintenance statement... need urgent replies please

Hello qkiyani,

Unfortunately Its not acceptable, Maintenance has to be in your personal current or personal saving accounts. Not in your business saving.

bubbly123

Post by bubbly123 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:32 pm

Hi there,
Don't confuse yourself to much, just go to your bank and change your business saving account to your personal saving accounts.
Bank will keep the same account number and they will rename your account.
If you have any doubts regarding this please let me know.

qkiyani
Pakistan

Post by qkiyani » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:58 am

thanks cpmlkhan n bubbly
for ur kind advice. i have one more question i have maintained 50k in my personal account from more than three months now i put 1000 more in that account for maintenance now. can i use that statement for both maintenance n investment as for maintenance it covers 90 days n for investment there is no such restriction that money should be held in that account for a specific period.

what do u think will that gonna work if i apply now????

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:56 am

@ qkiyani, you should be fine as 50k has been in the account for more than 90days. Try to include a covering letter explaining that £900 is meant for maintenance while the rest 50k plus should be evidence of investment funds.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

qkiyani
Pakistan

Post by qkiyani » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:14 am

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ qkiyani, you should be fine as 50k has been in the account for more than 90days. Try to include a covering letter explaining that £900 is meant for maintenance while the rest 50k plus should be evidence of investment funds.
thanks Olasunkanmi