ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependents stay outside more than 180 days

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NAR

Dependents stay outside more than 180 days

Post by NAR » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:50 pm

During one of my meetings with solicitors in London, one of them said that dependents can stay overseas (after first landing) more than 180 days and has no such restrictions such as on the main applicant. At the time, i did not verify it as i was focused on getting my visa first then worry about theirs.

What you guys think of that? Is it possible that dependents can do the landing then leave the UK, fly back a year later and still has no issues at the border entry?

entrepreneur123

Re: Dependents stay outside more than 180 days

Post by entrepreneur123 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:26 pm

ofcourse there will be no issue. Dependents are dependent on main applicant. However after one year return airport staff might ask her about her and ur current relationship. One of my friend wife went to india for 2 years while on dependent visa, on her return back they only asked her that were u still in touch with ur husband while u were in india etc so ur relationship is important

NAR wrote:During one of my meetings with solicitors in London, one of them said that dependents can stay overseas (after first landing) more than 180 days and has no such restrictions such as on the main applicant. At the time, i did not verify it as i was focused on getting my visa first then worry about theirs.

What you guys think of that? Is it possible that dependents can do the landing then leave the UK, fly back a year later and still has no issues at the border entry?

NAR

Re: Dependents stay outside more than 180 days

Post by NAR » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:51 pm

Thank you for your reply. That does make sense. I will be traveling a lot back and forth myself.

Guess for once, the solicitor could be right :D