ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NEED ADVISE PLEASE

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PAGGY
Newly Registered

NEED ADVISE PLEASE

Post by PAGGY » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:47 am

Hi Everyone,

I just got married to an EEA national and i am about to apply for an EEA residence card,Nevertheless my partner just got a Job exercising the treaty right and all we have now is the contract for emplyment but no pay slips yet.

Just wandering if this would have an effect on my application submitting it with just contracts for employment.

Thnks :)

rosebead
Member of Standing

Re: NEED ADVISE PLEASE

Post by rosebead » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:33 am

I would wait until your spouse has at least one wage slip as that is what it mentioned on page 21 of the EEA2 application form. It's just that UKVI caseworkers get a bit funny when you don't have wage slips, even though I think a work contract and/or an employers' letter should be good enough.

PAGGY
Newly Registered

Post by PAGGY » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:09 am

Thank you for your reply,so it doesn't necessarily matter when you apply after getting married?

Or is it wrong to apply for a fp just two weeks after getting married?

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:38 pm

It's not a problem to apply for an EEA2 Residence Card straight after marriage, however it might sometimes either result in you and your partner being called in for separate interviews to check that you are a genuine couple, or occasionally caseworkers outright refuse with accusations of sham marriage or some such nonsense especially if you've had visa refusals or had a bad immigration history in the past. However I wouldn't worry about a refusal based on that - if you've got good proofs of your relationship you can easily win an appeal.

PAGGY
Newly Registered

Post by PAGGY » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:57 pm

Hi rosebead,
I finally submitted my application to the HO
Sent on 3/07/14
Delivered on 4/07/14
Got an acknowledgement letter on 11/07/14
My question is, this letter did not mention anything about being able to work or not it just says my application has been received and would be passed to a case worker.
Do I get to wait a few more days for the COA?
Or what is the actual practise?
And what should I do?
Thanks

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:26 pm

Wait for couple of weeks and you will get your COA as well.

PAGGY
Newly Registered

Post by PAGGY » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:25 pm

Just a question to confirm if the UKBA take into consideration the circumstances of the application on the date it was signed, submitted, and received or when they actually process it (e.g. 3 months later)?

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:59 am

They can only go by the snapshot that you presented to them at the time of application. You could always send in more employment proofs from your spouse I suppose if you think that would help your case.

PAGGY
Newly Registered

Post by PAGGY » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:21 pm

Submitted application in July and got invited for interview end of this month.
But am a bit surprised with this new trend,as I know of someone who went for the same interview this month,and he got detained detained after being asked 177 questions and failing just 5.

That leaves me with the question on what might have gone wrong.

Can anyone please confirm and advise what the consequences would be If I don't actually attend this interview?

And what will be the actions of the ukba on this

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:19 pm

PAGGY wrote:Submitted application in July and got invited for interview end of this month.
But am a bit surprised with this new trend,as I know of someone who went for the same interview this month,and he got detained detained after being asked 177 questions and failing just 5.

Can anyone please confirm and advise what the consequences would be If I don't actually attend this interview?

I guess you will be rejected directly if you don't attend. I would expect that they will think you have something to hide.

kash112
United Kingdom

Post by kash112 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:46 pm

chaoclive wrote:
PAGGY wrote:Submitted application in July and got invited for interview end of this month.

I guess you will be rejected directly if you don't attend. I would expect that they will think you have something to hide.
Hv u recieved any decision ?