ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invitation letters on hold?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ForumsPK
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Invitation letters on hold?

Post by ForumsPK » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:37 am

Applied for the citizenship in May and got my documents back with a letter stating that application has been successful and I'll get a invitation letter within two weeks. Two weeks have passed so I sent them an email to which they replied that invitation letter has not been dispatched yet as they have been asked to put invitations on hold.

Anyone in a similar situation? Is it related to clear the passport backlog somehow?

Thanks

Khansab12345
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Invitation letters on hold?

Post by Khansab12345 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:51 am

ForumsPK wrote:Applied for the citizenship in May and got my documents back with a letter stating that application has been successful and I'll get a invitation letter within two weeks. Two weeks have passed so I sent them an email to which they replied that invitation letter has not been dispatched yet as they have been asked to put invitations on hold.

Anyone in a similar situation? Is it related to clear the passport backlog somehow?

Thanks

Yes I got the approval since 5th june but no invitation letter I yave mailed them it looks I wil get the same reply what did they say u in email how long will they hold it when they will disoatch any date they mention this is really teasing coz of their baclog prblems we have to suffer

ForumsPK
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ForumsPK » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:17 pm

Thats all it said that these are on hold. And that she is unable to provide any further information.

Looks like it just a waiting game now. :(

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:07 pm

I am guessing ( which i might be wrong) it is related to the passports backlog.
Nearly every one applies for a British passport once they are naturalised ( same week). may be it is away to reduce number of applications for passport for the time being!!

Khansab12345
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Khansab12345 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:24 pm

[quote="Khansab12345"][quote="ForumsPK"]Applied for the citizenship in May and got my documents back with a letter stating that application has been successful and I'll get a invitation letter within two weeks. Two weeks have passed so I sent them an email to which they replied that invitation letter has not been dispatched yet as they have been asked to put invitations on hold.

Did u got your invitation letter or not yet?? I called HO yesterday the agent said its on hold and they dont know why its on hold this is really teasing its my fourth week since I git tge approval letter but we cant do anything rather than wait I oray to almighty that everything sorted out quickly ameen

ForumsPK
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ForumsPK » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Nope all quiet. Did they tell you if its only yours or everyone's else as well is on hold? Or any time frame when its gonna be sent out.

Very poor service without actually telling the reason or the time!

Khansab12345
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Khansab12345 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:48 pm

No he just told me its on hold when they will send it no idea I am helpless I have planned holiday soon it looks it all wilk go in a waste at thr end we have to suffer first there was a 2 month wait to get thr approval and now itd already 4 th week and no invitation letter the only thing we can do is wait and be patient