ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success 9th june at Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vin1983

ILR success 9th june at Croydon

Post by vin1983 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:12 am

Hi all - sorry for the delay in posting this as I wanted my BRP to be back :) Thanks to all of you who help each other with great inputs.

I applied on 9th june at croydon through a advisor even though I had a straightforward case just wanted to make sure not messing this up.

- Appointment at 8:10
- Reached around 7:40, they allow you to enter around 20-30 minutes early
- Security check, goto other floor where they check payments.
- Very few people around 6-8, croydon peo has changed a lot compared to my earlier renewal. It looks like a lounge now :)
- After payment check, they give token and wait for 5 minutes or so.
- Called for registration, they check all the documents and then ask to wait for biometric. Even though I had used the form from april they allowed it without any issue as new forms were changed in june
- Biometric and photo done in 5-10 mins then wait in cafeteria
- They have screens to show the status and is updated regularly
- After around 40 minutes says ready for collection and gave the letter with confirmation that brp will arrive in next few days

Docs submitted:
- photos, application form
- Bank statement for 12 months, attested pay slips for 12 months
- last 5 year P60 attested
- University degree with naric statement of comparability and letter from indian university
- life in a uk certificate
- earlier 2 letters from uk home office for tier 1 initial application and renewal
- letter from employer that they can't confirm absences outside uk. it was anyway around 152 days

All the best to others and hope the above helps. If there are any specific queries then plz let me know

Jay1234
Newly Registered

Re: ILR success 9th june at Croydon

Post by Jay1234 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:44 am

Congrats vin1983 for your visa.

I am going to Croydon on 24th and have couple of questions, hope you can help me with them.

I am applying for ILR from in 5Year Tier1 route, can you confirm what option did you choose under section '11B Work permit holders'. I am reading mixed review here as some says Tick 11L but i am not a work permit holder, so my thinking is section 11B is ir-relevant in my case.

I'll really appreciate if you give you feedback on this.

Thanks in advance
Jay

susan0x

Post by susan0x » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:10 am

Congratulations vin1983... Could you please share the advisor's contact details

a.zaheer
Newly Registered

Post by a.zaheer » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:12 pm

Jay

No need to fill in 11B if you are on T1 General visa.
Jay1234 wrote:Congrats vin1983 for your visa.

I am going to Croydon on 24th and have couple of questions, hope you can help me with them.

I am applying for ILR from in 5Year Tier1 route, can you confirm what option did you choose under section '11B Work permit holders'. I am reading mixed review here as some says Tick 11L but i am not a work permit holder, so my thinking is section 11B is ir-relevant in my case.

Thanks in advance
Jay

vin1983

Post by vin1983 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:16 pm

Hi Jay - you dont need to tick it for Tier 1, I was on Tier 1.

Vin
Jay1234 wrote:Congrats vin1983 for your visa.

Thanks in advance
Jay

vin1983

Post by vin1983 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:18 pm

Hi Susan - I got in touch with Kamal Kendal from ukvisaexpert(Hounslow). He helped me with Tier 1 renewal also 2 years back and his charges are almost half of others(around £460 for ILR)
susan0x wrote:Congratulations vin1983... Could you please share the advisor's contact details

susan0x

Post by susan0x » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:50 am

Thanks vin1983