ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application - Funds & Life in the UK Test Clarification

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Seena

ILR Application - Funds & Life in the UK Test Clarification

Post by Seena » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:25 pm

Dear All,

Could some one please help me with the below 3 questions, My husband will apply for ILR based on a spouse of British citizen in December 2014.

1- Is there any limit of funds that we need to show in our bank account ? If yes how much and for how long the funds should stay in our bank account ? Please note: Myself and my husband both work full time.

2 - My husband need to pass Life in the UK Test. So my question is how long the Certificate will be valid if he pass it in July 2014. Would the cert expire after certain time ?

3- My husband have done his MBA degree from London University, could he get English language test exemption based on his degree from the recognized UK University in English language ? or does he need to pass the English language test separately ?

Thanks in advance.
Seena

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Application - Funds & Life in the UK Test Clarificat

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:32 pm

Seena wrote:Dear All,

Could some one please help me with the below 3 questions, My husband will apply for ILR based on a spouse of British citizen in December 2014.

1- Is there any limit of funds that we need to show in our bank account ? If yes how much and for how long the funds should stay in our bank account ? Please note: Myself and my husband both work full time. If applying for ILR as spouse of BC under the old rules pre 9th July 2012, there is no funds requirement, adequate maintenance and accommodation only.

2 - My husband need to pass Life in the UK Test. So my question is how long the Certificate will be valid if he pass it in July 2014. Would the cert expire after certain time ? The test certificate does not have an expiry date.

3- My husband have done his MBA degree from London University, could he get English language test exemption based on his degree from the recognized UK University in English language ? or does he need to pass the English language test separately ? His UK MBA degree is sufficient for the language requirement

Thanks in advance.
Seena
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.